Poop Chute Razor

Most of my babies get what I call "crusty butt" I usually just trim or brush out what is lodged there. They hate anything or anyone getting near their butts...but since I brush them so often and make getting rid of crusty butt a priority, they now brace themselves for the inevitable. Once every 2 weeks or so I scissor trim that area and it seems to work fine for them.
 
Thanks again everyone, its back to the ol' scissors. I just don't trust groomers here, that they would mess them up, and that would be horrible.
Around me its Lasa Apsos, and little dogs like that breed.

Sharon, if you find out anything let us know. I wish I could find a good groomer.

I just thought that razor would make that butt area look so nice, and quicker for the two of them, but the poop chute works with a scissors. I turn them upside down just about with their head under my arm pit. They do lay there nice and calm I must say for awhile anyway. Ohhhh what a subject, almost like tooo much info. Poop chutes, dingle berries, etc.. LOL

Thanks for the Poop Chute info because it works on my girl, oh she gets such a mess otherwise.
 
I used to cut a poop chute on my shelties too--first with scissors and then with clippers and just a little bit on the top back of their tails. It worked pretty well, but what I found out was that it was more a matter of how firm the dogs stools were. The dog that was having the most trouble with "crusty butt" was also getting too fat and my vet suggested a high fiber diet. Once she started on the High fiber diet, her poop was much firmer and didn't stick as often. Still had to cut the poop chute though, sometimes she would still get into things she shouldn't or we would feed her table scraps that made her too lose.
 
Somebody suggested baby wipes for those "loose" moments. I have to admit that it never occured to me before! Duh!

Timber use to have loose stools all the time and I used to let them dry then snip if off. Never occurred to me to just wipe his bum with a baby wipe.

So far no issues with Bacca and Indy. They drop their stools nicely. Only problem is now Indy has decided that they are a tasty treat! Yuck!
 
So far no issues with Bacca and Indy. They drop their stools nicely. Only problem is now Indy has decided that they are a tasty treat! Yuck!

Barb, I have read on another forum to mix 1 spoonfull of crushed pineapple in both dogs food at both meal times and that will prevent the turd burgling. Hope that helps!!
 
Somebody suggested baby wipes for those "loose" moments. I have to admit that it never occured to me before! Duh!

Timber use to have loose stools all the time and I used to let them dry then snip if off. Never occurred to me to just wipe his bum with a baby wipe.

So far no issues with Bacca and Indy. They drop their stools nicely. Only problem is now Indy has decided that they are a tasty treat! Yuck!

Sadie does this too. She's sneaky about it. She knows I'm the boss so won't do it when I let her out. Instead, she waits till my husband lets her out to do it because she knows she can get away with it!

I just might have to try the pineapple idea!
 
Sadie does this too. She's sneaky about it. She knows I'm the boss so won't do it when I let her out. Instead, she waits till my husband lets her out to do it because she knows she can get away with it!

I just might have to try the pineapple idea!

It's so gross! This morning I let the boys out and let them play. I caught Indy chewing on his morning poop-sicle and hauled him inside. First thing he did was leap and lick my face! :eek2::eek2:
 
It's so gross! This morning I let the boys out and let them play. I caught Indy chewing on his morning poop-sicle and hauled him inside. First thing he did was leap and lick my face! :eek2::eek2:

Sadie is grosser (if that's even a word), she will only eat it right after she's done it, when it's still fresh and warm :dead:

She'll also only eat her own, not another dogs. I suppose that's the only good thing about this gross habit. She will eat other animals poop though
 
Sadie is grosser (if that's even a word), she will only eat it right after she's done it, when it's still fresh and warm :dead:

She'll also only eat her own, not another dogs. I suppose that's the only good thing about this gross habit. She will eat other animals poop though

Layla has pretty much stopped -- she used to be incorrigible. Still, once in a while I get a whiff of "poop-breath!" :lol:
 
Back
Top