Probably a silly question

I use baby powder (Corn starch kind only) for the cats but I have never used it for Nick. You can also use just plain corn starch if you want (slightly less expensive). Thans for the answers - I thought what the book suggested was odd.
 
Thans for the answers - I thought what the book suggested was odd.

I suspect the book's reference to wetting before grooming may refer to the recommendation to lightly mist a sheltie's coat with a water or water/conditioner combo before grooming...not to actually soaking it.

Trini
 
I suspect the book's reference to wetting before grooming may refer to the recommendation to lightly mist a sheltie's coat with a water or water/conditioner combo before grooming...not to actually soaking it.

Trini

After your post I went back to look to see if I had misunderstood it. I quote here:
"Brush out or remove any matting found in the longer coated areas. If loose enough so that water can fully penetrate them, remove after bathing and drying."
Now I know this doesn't mean to leave a mat that is tightly knotted, but it still goes against the teaching I have had about wetting a tangle or knot.
 
After your post I went back to look to see if I had misunderstood it. I quote here:
"Brush out or remove any matting found in the longer coated areas. If loose enough so that water can fully penetrate them, remove after bathing and drying."
Now I know this doesn't mean to leave a mat that is tightly knotted, but it still goes against the teaching I have had about wetting a tangle or knot.

After reading the quote...you are absolutely right...they are not giving good grooming info as far as mat removal is concerned. Hopefully not too many people will try and follow their instructions!!

Trini
 
I also have persian cats!
No matter what, dog or cat... a good brushing before any bath has worked the best for my pets.
I use a spray bottle of water in case there is too much static in their fur. :eek2:

I spent 1 hour brushing out my sisters little sheltie yesterday...
She also got a pedicure, brushed her teeth, and finally she got her bath and blow dry! :yes:

The bath only took 20 minutes as she is very small... blow dry was another 30 minutes...

Kinda like painting... the prep work takes longer then the actual painting... :biggrin2:
...at least if you want it to look good!:lol:
 
Back
Top