Proden Plaqueoff

Thanks for the feedback. Koji gets raw bones every once in awhile but doesn't have the problem Miko does. Miko's not a chewer, even when he eats a raw bone, he nibbles at it with his front teeth (think passive nice eater).

I did see the warning about the iodine (it's on the website also), but my boys don't have thyroid issues, so I kinda forgot about it. Thanks for the warning (to others, just in case).
 
hmm, iodine is good for low thyroid, is not it? that how you prevent your thyroid from getting low- eating seaweed and kelp...
hmm, you might need to give little less of thyroid meds but that is good , is not it?
I think with Shelties needing to keep their thyroid numbers on the high end, it should be a good product...
 
hmm, iodine is good for low thyroid, is not it? that how you prevent your thyroid from getting low- eating seaweed and kelp...
hmm, you might need to give little less of thyroid meds but that is good , is not it?
I think with Shelties needing to keep their thyroid numbers on the high end, it should be a good product...

Yes it good to help support the thyroid, but when your dog is on medication it can make them more difficult to regulate. You really would need to make sure you gave it regularly and at the same time and amount and don't stop.
 
Update - 3 weeks later

It's been 3 weeks since I started using this stuff. I have to admit, I was hesitant and wary. I mean, who wouldn't be?

Koji: he didn't have much build-up since he's a chewer, but I had noticed plaque on his front teeth. I figured I'd leave it there and see what happens. lol. I also stopped brushing their teeth (I do it about 2x week) just to see. After 2 weeks, the plaque was gone from his front teeth. Has not returned. The plaque on his back teeth is there, but not much. I brushed his teeth and most of it came loose.

Miko: stinky breath, plaque build-up even though he just got his teeth cleaned not too long ago. No plaque on the front half of his mouth. The back teeth did have build-up, but nothing major. I also used a scaler to remove what was on his teeth and amazing, it just came right off. If he was a chewer, it probably would've come off itself. Oh, and his breath stopped being smelly about 1-1.5 weeks ago.

They say it takes 4-6 weeks, but me and my co-worker are already seeing vast improvements. I am not going to brush for another 3 weeks to see what happens. After that, I'll probably go back to my weekly grooming routines (and brushing 2x weekly). Just like me....it's always those back teeth that give me the most problems. lol.
 
They say it takes 4-6 weeks, but me and my co-worker are already seeing vast improvements. I am not going to brush for another 3 weeks to see what happens. After that, I'll probably go back to my weekly grooming routines (and brushing 2x weekly). Just like me....it's always those back teeth that give me the most problems. lol.

Cheryl, that sounds great--what are the ingredients? I ask because my husband's in dental school and is interested in knowing :) I couldn't find the info on the website.
 
All it says is: Contains only specially selected seaweed: D1070. Free from artificial colors, preservatives, gluten and sugar.

It says this on their website:

How does it work?

Dental plaque is made up of a community of microbes that have organised themselves into a complex and tenacious film - a biofilm. Unlike other methods of plaque control, ProDen PlaqueOff™ Animal works systemically, and is thought to disrupt the biofilm, reducing levels of plaque and calculus as well as improving breath odour. Recent research shows that this especially selected seaweed (SW1313 / D1070) has a positive effect on plaque and calculus reduction over time.

So I"m guessing it's basically seaweed and nothing else. A "special" seaweed. hehehe.
 
I know this is a really old thread, but I have just started mine on this. It will be interesting to see if there is any improvement.
 
I will be watching this thread to see what results you are all getting. A friend in Belgians today was telling me that she got something from Sweden but couldn't remember the name. She said it was expensive but was really working on her 12 year old's- Rhiannon's half sister - teeth. She is suppose to email me the name but as we are both older ladies I might have to remind her.:winkgrin:
 
Back
Top