Puppy Coat Question

Sca was the same but keep an eye on it as he also started to shed puppy fur there first and it was not as noticable since he was not fluffy there.... So there was a fur storm :eek2:
 
...........and next stage is where their back legs and hind quarters grow faster than their front legs and quarters and they look silly and all out of proportion.

I loved watching the black fur coming in on MMM's face and the black ring around the top of his tail.

They are just such darn cute puppies!
 
Sigh! Indy still has puppy fur! I don't think he will ever grow up! I should rename him to Peter Pan!
 
...........and next stage is where their back legs and hind quarters grow faster than their front legs and quarters and they look silly and all out of proportion.

Is that why Bailey's butt is taller than her shoulders? Or is she too old for this stage? I always wondered this because the show dog sheltie's don't seem to have taller behinds.
 
Is that why Bailey's butt is taller than her shoulders? Or is she too old for this stage? I always wondered this because the show dog sheltie's don't seem to have taller behinds.

some times they go though growth spurts where their rear is ahead of the rest of them..She should level out. One of mine was always higher in the rear while growing once she stopped shes nice and level now!
 
Buffy definitely went through a stage where her adult coat was growing in. It wasn't exactly like what you describe, but somewhat similar.

The thing that surprised me was that her adult coat was lighter than her puppy coat... also, more golden-red. As a puppy she was plain brown; now she has highlights of many colors. Her adult coat started on her shoulders and back legs and spread from there. Around 6 months her butt hair started to get bushy. :lol:

I would guess different lines vary somewhat in how and when their coat grows in and when they sprout up. The common thread is that most shelties go through an awkward phase before they grow into themselves. Buffy went through a very short one around 4 or 4.5 months. Let me see if I can find a picture...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1838.jpg
    IMG_1838.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top