Puppy Road Trip

Canada definitely was a victim of my speeding :)
But Iowa....deserted state highway. literally no cars passed me during the entire traffic stop.
I'm betting the cops are pretty bored.
But nice cop and no ticket. I think he felt sorry for me when I told him I was coming from Thunder Bay Ontario LOL.
it was a long drive....

Well I hope you are not teaching Pico that it is OK to speed!! You are his role model so the pressure is on-- Pico don't you do what mamma's done...there's a song in there somewhere.
 
Have you done the Arabia Steamboat Museum in KC? I think worth it.

Another suggestion is go on a website Roadside America. Idiocentric stuff some dumb some obscure but also main stuff. You can look at your route and see any side trips. Be warned sometimes stuff is gone though. Like when I went to visit the grave of Mr Ed....the horse of course.
 
my hosts have been about a dozen times over the years, I'm not sure we will go (altho it looks neat).

any ideas on where to go after KC that isn't 100 degrees? seems the hot weather is everywhere around here!
 
my hosts have been about a dozen times over the years, I'm not sure we will go (altho it looks neat).

any ideas on where to go after KC that isn't 100 degrees? seems the hot weather is everywhere around here!
I had to work in Leavenworth once. That as a fort that was a bit lame were all I saw. Not a tourist place IMO. Next closest was Dodge City, long way. You could go by the atomic cannon but it is outdoors :ROFLMAO:
 
Canada definitely was a victim of my speeding :)
But Iowa....deserted state highway. literally no cars passed me during the entire traffic stop.
I'm betting the cops are pretty bored.
But nice cop and no ticket. I think he felt sorry for me when I told him I was coming from Thunder Bay Ontario LOL.
it was a long drive....
Ya we get away with a lot here…we can typically go 10 kms over the posted speed limit and get away with it. Anything above that though and you’re asking for trouble!
That drive from Thunder Bay is a long winding road lol…a few years ago I went from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay. The lady who drove was going 115 kms in a 90 zone…I was hanging onto my seat it was so harrowing! Single lanes, tailgating etc. I was so thankful when we got there (8 hours I think) but worried about the return trip :ROFLMAO:
 
looks like I am here until mid next week when it starts to cool down. Going west (even through the northern Midwest) isn't looking good at the moment with all the heat.
went to the steamboat museum.. very unique. sadly, it will be homeless in 2026 as they are getting kicked out when their lease ends and there is no new home (yet).

Pico is loving all the attention
 
Back
Top