Puppy throwing up overnight

Ecstatic to report Liam and I had a blissful nights sleep! He let me sleep until 6:00! No throwing up at all!!!

Blissful, glorious sleep!

Gee, if I can get four days in a row like this I can finally get back all the sleep I lost! Great first day.

It seems to much stomach acid is the culprit!!!

Thanks Lisa!
That's fantastic Gloria, I'm glad you both had a good sleep!
Oddly enough while it had been an issue when Piper was a pup it pretty much stopped once he turned a year old, hopefully Liam will be the same.
 
Great news! Now that I think back, Zulu had issues with this when he was a pup, but now I cannot remember the last time he threw up at night. Like Piper's mom said, hopefully he will grow out of it.
 
Gloria, I was going to suggest exactly what Piper's mom did. I'd give Liam a half of a Pepcid (he should get between 5 and 10 mg) before bed and see if that helps. Those instructions came from my vet too, so I know it's safe.
 
Another successful night sleep!

I think we definitely can say, without a doubt, stomach acid was the culprit.

Pepcid AC 10 mg - 1/2 tablet around 9am and 9pm does the trick!

Thanks again Lisa!
Liam even let me sleep in until 7! He must feel better too!
 
Woohoo!!! I'd say you've found the culprit!
He let you sleep in? Does Liam usually wake you up? Heck I'm usually the first one up around 7:30 and even then both Piper and Finnie don't get their lazy butts off the bed until around 8 or 8:30 :ROFLMAO:.
I like to have my first coffee in peace and quiet lol.
 
You won the jackpot!
Either Liam, Beau or Baron will get me up in the morning...

They are my furry alarm clocks! Go figure, they will try to get me up a 5:55 just before my 6:00 alarm goes off!
I swear they have an internal clock for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
 
You won the jackpot!
Either Liam, Beau or Baron will get me up in the morning...

They are my furry alarm clocks! Go figure, they will try to get me up a 5:55 just before my 6:00 alarm goes off!
I swear they have an internal clock for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

oh so true....
the others are relatively patient but Cranberry (I guess as the leader) is always trying to get me up before the alarm.
all they really want is breakfast..... but they have to go out first....
 
Back
Top