Ready for Fun Run?

yeah- what Granite said :smile2:
have a good time and anytime you can get your pup around a competitive environment- go for it. fun matches are great for exposure :yes:
 
As requested, here is video!

http://morethanfetch.blogspot.com/2010/08/fun-run.html

I am very glad we went to help support such a cool dog and his mommy. We had a great time and Duncan got to see lots of Shelties. He was, of course, the littlest one. I don't want to repeat the blog post, but we had a blast! The runs weren't beautiful. They were loud, spastic, chaotic, and a great experience for the both of us.
 
I am soooo jealous!!! Duncan is awesome. My first fun run went the same way. I forgot the course (I realized I was going the wrong direction when I saw the backside of the cones, lol), Koji was a nutball. HOWEVER, this was a year after training. So jealous! I can't wait until Duncan starts trialling, should be fun to watch his progress.
 
Randi, they had dog dock diving! It was really, really reasonably priced ($5 for 10 minutes or $20 for unlimited agility, rally, and the dock), too. Duncan isn't much for water. We wanted to take Abigail (she is like a fish!), but with her not feeling well, that didn't happen. It was disgustingly hot outside - about 93 degrees plus the humidity of an oncoming storm. It never rained, though - yay!

Cheryl, thanks so much. Duncan is awesome. I am not - as seen by me forgetting the course, tripping, etc. :eek2: There is another fun match in a few months, so I think we'll do that, too!
 
As requested, here is video!

http://morethanfetch.blogspot.com/2010/08/fun-run.html

I am very glad we went to help support such a cool dog and his mommy. We had a great time and Duncan got to see lots of Shelties. He was, of course, the littlest one. I don't want to repeat the blog post, but we had a blast! The runs weren't beautiful. They were loud, spastic, chaotic, and a great experience for the both of us.

What a great experience! You had some really great looking stuff in there! For instance...at :25, you rear cross Duncan. On purpose or not, he did a great job. If you had sped up towards the next jump, it would have been perfect, but since you were a wee bit slow, he turned in to you. But still, he did a great job being in obstacle focus there! And the one at 2:10, is perfect! Your little velcro dog is doing great!

And he has some serious speed. He's going to be so competitive!
 
What a great experience! You had some really great looking stuff in there! For instance...at :25, you rear cross Duncan. On purpose or not, he did a great job. If you had sped up towards the next jump, it would have been perfect, but since you were a wee bit slow, he turned in to you. But still, he did a great job being in obstacle focus there! And the one at 2:10, is perfect! Your little velcro dog is doing great!

And he has some serious speed. He's going to be so competitive!

:biggrin2: Thank you. I've been working on rear crosses at home. Right after 2:10, you see a dog in the background... for about 2 seconds, I was positive he was going to run after them. It seems agility ramps up his herding drive a thousand times.

I think all the mistakes are mine! I need to trust him a little more and just RUN.
 
Newton sat in my lap and watched and listened to the entire little video of Duncan running agility. It was so funny, like "I remember that voice...hey I met this dude."

Great job 'Chelle
Newton says WTG Duncan! Power to the fun-sized shelties of the world!:lol:
 
Thanks, Janet. The environment was good too. You can hear a few times in the video, there are some people saying positive things about the run. Very cool, coming from much more experienced people.
 
Back
Top