Really want a Sheltie, BUT...

OK! I figured that I'm going to be asking so many questions here, I can at least help keep the proverbial lights on. Here are some pics of when we went to go meet Perry a couple weeks ago:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 34
Perry is a very handsome Sheltie, beautiful markings, and I am sure he will bring a lot of joy and love into your life! Love the pics...thanks for sharing them with us.

Trini
 
He is beautiful! He looks calm in pics! Your fMiky will have so mich fun! Also, your daughter is beautiful!

Thanks! I have one sort-of emergency question.

We have wood floors, and the breeder suggested that Perry might find the floors slippery, so we should get an area rug.

Is this a real concern? Do dogs, or Shelties in particular, slip around on (relatively smooth) wood floors? Should we get area rugs to protect the floors from the dog's nails?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind about the wood floor question. After spending a while reading a bunch of posts hear about wood floors versus rugs, I see the answer is....Every Sheltie is different. Some do fine on wood, some don't. I guess I'll see how Percy does. He seems remarkably calm, so I bet he'll do fine.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on your new boy Perry! He is super cute:)
Some of my best entertainment is watching the boys trying to throw it into high gear on the tile to get outside fast. You know how the Roadrunner's legs in the cartoon look like a spinning wheel? Yah like that :lol: Otherwise they are fine.
 
Back
Top