Remembering Brooke on her birthday

Sharon7

Moderator
My sweetest Brooke was born today and would have been 15. I woke up pretty sad this morning and have been thinking about her with a lump in my throat most of the day. I just miss her so much. When I saw her breeder this weekend one of her Shelties did the same thing Brooke used to do; stretch out full length on the carpet on her side and then start pawing and stretching and rubbing her head and face. It made me catch my breath as it looked so much like my Brookie.....

We are so lucky to have her granddaughter Faith, great-grandson Elijah and great-great granddaughter Meadow. They aren't like her in personality but they all are very sweet and affectionate like she was. :love:
 
I always feel sad on Noel’s birthday too. I hope Meadow is working hard to cheer you up!
Happy Birthday, angel Brooke. I’m sure she’s having a special day over the rainbow bridge
Well said, Elei! When we are blessed to have that ‘special’ dog in our lifetime, it is so hard on us once they have passed to Rainbow Bridge. Brooke was certainly one of those special souls that graced your life. Hugs to you!
 
It's always hard remembering our lost dogs, no different than when you lose a loved one...the pain never really goes away. My mom still really misses Riley and whenever she looks at the Sheltie calendar she'll remark if the Sheltie looks like him.
Happy birthday sweet Brooke...
 
Sharon, many hugs to you as you remember your sweet Brooke on what would have been her 15th birthday. These precious souls bring us both immense joy and then heartbreaking sadness when their time with us is over...but how empty life would be if we never had them.

Trini
 
It can be so hard at times like this Sharon. We've just got to remember the gift we had of being blessed by those special little guys and gals. It's never long enough but the comfort, memories and happiness they gave us during their time with us is one of the greatest things that will ever grace our lives.

Sleep well sweet, beautiful Brooke, I hope you're playing with Harley for me :hugs
 
Back
Top