Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Say hello to my little friend....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Sandy in CT, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    One thing at a time.... :)

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  2. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Oh sorry LOL I thought maybe you had a kennel/litter concept or name and were looking for a call name...
    The boys breeder seems to always have a cool reg name then falter on the call name...guess its easier to play off sires and dams names!

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Cute as a button. What a sweet little expression he has, like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth - which of course means he'll probably be a little devil.

What about a Mac.. name? For all the Scottish breeds I train, it seems no one every picks a Mac name - Macleary, Macintosh, Macintyre, McLaren (your hubby might like that if he likes car racing), or there's the obvious name that no one ever picks for a Sheltie - Toonie.

Over here I think the most popular name for a Scottish breed, but especially a Sheltie, would be Archie! Even before the Royal baby, for some reason Archie became so very popular out of the blue.

4. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    So cute! For some reason seeing his face and reading his description made me think of the name "Scout" whatever you call him...good luck

RikyR and Sharon7 like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    RikyR, Piper's mom, Margi and 2 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    LOVE Sterling, plus what a great link Gloria! You always ferret out the best info and pass it along!! Thanks for that.

Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Seems like a great name for a blue!

8. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    He’s adorable! Sterling is a great suggestion

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    Interesting to see that Dixie is on the list of female Scottish names.....................................

10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Sorry, being a historian I just can't hold it in. The Sterling is name for the British Pound, in Scotland the Banks of Scotland issue a Scottish Pound Sterling but they are actually just the British Pound Sterling. There's a bit of a debate amongst Scottish independence movements about whether to retain the GBP or Euro or go back to the original Scottish currency - the Pounds Scot. But that's all theoretical for the foreseeable future. And there ends today's history lesson:):p

Sharon7, Ann, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.