Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Sheltie coats

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by kazie, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's ok Cara...you guys get hurricanes there, the worst we have to worry about is blizzards and the cold. Plus, I don't think I could ever get used to no snow at Christmas lol. Although I must say I hate shovelling after a huge dump of snow!

KarenCurtis and Cara Sandler like this.
  2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    The hurricanes are definitely no fun but at least we know they're coming and pretty much everyone down here has hurricane shutters and impact windows, etc. And generators. Which will be my next purchase......Snow at Christmas is pretty though. If it could just come for that day and no other time of the year :)

KarenCurtis and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you just go north for Christmas. when I first moved south to mid-FL and there were palm trees with lights and Christmas music playing in December, it was weird. I've always gone north for the holidays although there hasn't always been snow.........

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    The longer we can go without snow the better as winter is so long if the snow comes early (like this year)...I don't travel much in winter as I hate highway driving when it's cold. Last year I slid into the ditch on my way to the breeders...thank god for roadside assistance!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    A generator is our next week purchase! I won't go another winter with a power outage. Sandstorm doesn't mind though

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It must be beautiful country though, with the snow and cold. I'm Canadian, it is a gorgeous country. And the shelties don't have to wear sweaters.

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    It is a beautiful country, but we're in the prairies so rather flat her but lots of lakes for summer fun and with winter for about 5 months there are lots of activities outdoors. Your right, Sheltie's don't have to wear sweaters, but booties sometimes lol.
    Plus we have a great football team here ( we have the CFL here), our team (Winnipeg Blue Bombers) is playing Calgary today to see which team will play in the Grey Cup so fingers crossed that our guys can do it!

KarenCurtis likes this.