Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Shelties are like potato chips, one is never enough

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by MissSuzie, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MissSuzie

MissSuzie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    Just received this picture from Lottie's foster mom. Here she is getting all spiffed up for her trip home! Look at her ears. Boy can their ears express just how they are feeling!!

Attached Files:

2. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Lottie must not like baths.(our Mally doesn't like them either)That's so nice the foster mom getting her all "spiffy" and "ready to go" to her forever home with you and Meggie and Cooper.

Great that you already have your 2 babies as Lottie is used to being with other shelties.

How excited you must be!!

I am very happy for you.

3. MissSuzie

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    Lottie's foster mom said she has been a very easy, loving girl to care for. She gets along with all the other doggies, so I'm anticipating a lot of fun with the three of them.

I can't wait until Monday!!!!!!!!!!

4. MissSuzie

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    Lottie is officially on her way!!!

Jeff sent me a text message that said, "We have your little package and she is awesome!"

She got along with their two HUGE labs right away. He thinks she great! They should be here sometime before noon tomorrow. I can't wait!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  5. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Great news!! Lottie is on her way home. So cool that she got along with their 2 labs.
    Sounds like she passed the test with them! Please continue to update.

Again, I repeat, I am so happy and excited for you!!!!!!

6. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    They KNOW!! I swear - they KNOW they are going to their loving forever homes! Laddie got right into the car, next to Katie, and was perfect on the drive home. He came into the house and made himself right at home (with lots of hugging and kisses from me). He KNEW he was in his safe, loving, PERMANENT home!
    She is most likely juist as excited as you are!! Can't wait to hear more.

7. PamG

PamG Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Have a great and wonderful day!
    PamG

8. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Is she there yet?

9. MissSuzie

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    Lottie is here!!! She is doing so well. She ate, peed and pooped! Yay!!!

She is such a sweet girl. She is settling in so well and is not acting timid or anxious at all.

The cutest thing happened when my daughter and I were getting ready to leave for dinner. We were trying to get Lottie in the crate that I have for her, which is a wooden crate. The other two were anxious for their treats and my daughter suggested we put Cooper in his crate first to reduce some of the pandemonium. So I walk into the laundry room and both Cooper and Lottie go straight into the metal crate. It was so cute the two of them standing in there with barely any room to spare, waiting for their treats. I decided to let Lottie use the metal crate and put Cooper in the wooden one. Cooper is so "go with the flow," that I think he'll be fine with it. Just a change in his routine he'll have to get used to.

The three of them get along perfectly. Lottie looks at them like their crazy when the bark. I'm hoping that never changes!!! A woman can hope, right!

I'm thankful my daughter is here again. It worked out perfectly that I didn't have to leave Lottie home alone right after she arrived.

Oh, and guess what?! Lottie's collar matches a leash I have. She was SOOO meant to be mine! Pictures tomorrow, I promise. Tonight I'm just lovin on her to make her feel comfortable!

Take care everyone!

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh my gosh, she almost doesn't sound like a Sheltie settling in like that! It must have been hilarious to see her in the crate shoulder to shoulder with Cooper. What do your other two think of her so far?

I am SO VERY GLAD for you, truly. You both will bring each other years of happiness, I can tell. Please give Lottie a hug from me.

(Im)patiently awaiting pictures! :biggrin2:

Sharon