Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Shelties Ashes

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by elaine2004, Mar 10, 2008.

Did you have your Sheltie Cremated? Do You have the ashes?

1. Yes, I have My shelties Ashes:

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Yes, I have the Ashes along with a picture:

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Yes, to all of the above along with note to bury ashes with me when I pass :

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  4. Yes, Cremated but with ashes scattered/ burried :

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. No, My Sheltie is buried :

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Other :

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I was just looking at the beautiful plaque you had made. Apparently buttons passed away on my birthday. Its sad to think that while I was celebrating you were mourning the loss of your beloved pet. :sadsmile:

2. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I went through something similar with my cats. Natasha was 17 when I had her put down on November 25, 2006. It was not a hard decision to make as she was very ill, full of cancer and she had bad artheritis. Then at the beginning of april in 2007 I had to have my other cat, Mangey put down at the age of 16. It was so difficult losing them both after having them for so many years. I'd had Tashy since she was a tiny kitten and the Mange since he was not quite a year. It was especially hard because I new they were the last cats I'd have, since my husband is allergic.

I really wish I'd known about the Rainbow Bridge then, it would have given me great comfort.

3. elaine2004

elaine2004 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    Sadies Mom

The facts of the Rainbow Bridge are of great comfort to pet owners just as knowing of Going to Heaven at the end of our lives. I have Jewels Ashes at home to be buried with Me when I pass. :sadsmile:That Bridge is their Heaven. Waiting for us to join up with them. I'm certain God takes pets that have struck the heart of a person whom loved them and the pet also loved.:yes:
    Tims tribute to Buttons is awesome, isn't it. :yes: But that is how much our beloved pets touch our hearts and soul. I believe with some of them you actually become soul mates, they are that special.:sadsmile:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  4. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

My Forevers....

My 19 year old daugher died in March this year. My 12 year old Sheltie died 1 month later.

They were both cremated and we buried them both in June, 2008, along with my 2 18 year old cats that had died some years earlier (and were cremated).

They were all buried with their GM and GP both of whom died just a few years ago.

So they are all together now.

5. elaine2004

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    Barb

You have been through so very much and my heart aches for your sadness. Thanks for sharing about how all of your angels are together at the Rainbow Bridge with Your Daughter. :cry: I know she will tend to all our lovely furbabies up there waiting for us to join them.:sadsmile:

6. sheltiemom

sheltiemom Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2008
    Az
    I saw this thread and had to wait some time before I could read it. My babies have been cremated, and are in wooden urns with a picture and a plaque on each one. We have 6 of them in the den...tha place they loved being with us. I recently moved my Rachie's ashes from shelf in my bedroom looking over my bed since she was always right where I was watching over me (she was my service dog). I just moved her ashes into the den. We have lost 6 babies in 3 years and in a little over 3 weeks it will be 2 years Rachie passed. For Rachie and Marcus I had stained glass stepping stones mad and I placed them in front of the Roses I planted for them in the front yard. I have already made provisions that my babies be buried with me when it is my time. When I am buried they are either going to need to get me an extra large casket to place my babies in with me since we have lost so many already. I guess I knew that by taking in the older and sicker babies I would have many leave us...but seeing so many little urns really brings it all home to me

When we had them cremated we included a blanket or toy with them so they could have their favorite thing with them.

Here are 5 of the urns and the stepping stones for my two very special babies

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  7. elaine2004

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    Sheltiemom

Thanks for sharing your stories and photos of your Sheltie Angels!! Yes there are those special ones that just touch our lives just a little more therefore making the loss that much harder. It will be one year on 10/26/08 since I lost my precious Jewel. I still cry like a baby when I see her angel urn and her picture aside. I had Jewel cremated with her frizbee and I have her collar on the inside with the ashes. Jewels toy, and she loved her collar I don't know why but if you took it off she would follow you until you replaced in on her neck. She was My first Sheltie and What a dear she was.:sadsmile:

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Thank you so much Elaine

I do not want to take away from anybody else's loss but I do appreciate your words. It's been a horrible year. My daughter and my pup both dead. My best friend treated for cancer in the eye and now her 22 year old daughter just diagnosed with Stage 3 cervical cancer. Prognosis yet unknown.

But I still have the bright lights in my life: My "weekend" spouse, my 17 year old son and my wonderful 6 month old pup (I say he's wonderul now because he's sleeping at my feet - ask me again at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning when he has attached himself to my ankles!). They are the ones that keeping looking forward to tomorrow.

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008

These are so beautiful, Sheltiemom. I know how it is -- you want never to forget. I bury my furchildren in our woods in a glade I can see from the house. Everyone has a stone with the name and a small comment or nickname. I tell my family, "Put me there, too!"

10. 2di4jewelry@msn

2di4jewelry@msn Forums Regular

Sep 20, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I have Dakota's ashes still hidden away - it was too painful to look at when I first got them. I am thinking I might spread them in the snow this winter - he loved the snow. He was my first Sheltie and so amazing, a truly beautiful dog in all ways. I never thought I could love another dog like I loved him but now realize that is possible. My rescue Sheltie is nothing like him but I love her just as much....it just took time!