Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Surgery for Barkley

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Ann, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Glad you made it safely Ann, I will thinking of you and Barkley!

Piper's mom, ghggp and Ann like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Thanks all for the good thoughts and prayers! We made it safely and Barkley is home and sleeping. We picked him up pretty much fresh out of anesthesia to avoid driving later in ice so he's really out of it, but I'm happy to have him here sleeping and recovering.

The surgeon took three tumors off -- two other small ones I wasn't aware were there -- and all will be biopsied, so fingers are crossed. He said these are normally benign so we'll hope that's the case. For now, it's keep him quiet for the next two weeks. At least Barkley likes to sleep!

Chris, Darren, Hanne and 7 others like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thank goodness everyone is home safe and sound!

Sleeping is the best medicine for now. Hope he eats later!

Praying the biopsy comes back benign!

Ann, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Glad you are all back home safely!

Hugs Ann - must have been a stressful day - glad your boy is home to snooze things off!

Ann and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I'm glad everything went well and you made it home safe. Now time to relax and have a glass of wine!

Sandy in CT and Ann like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Phew have been thinking of you all day. So glad to hear you made it there and back, and Barkley had no difficulty with the procedure. Even if he's out of it, I'm sure he's happier being home.

Ann likes this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Glad Barkley is home and sleeping. Since Gavin had 20+ anesthesia sessions for his radiation, I am well versed in what a dog can be like when fresh out of being under. Gavin would whine a lot and be uncomfortable, not wangting to settle :( When we started he was treated in the late afternoon so would be more out of it when I picked him up. As it progressed he was treated earlier in the day and so was more normal when I picked him up. The vet was 50 minutes from home in traffic, so an unhappy pup in the backseat was hard to deal with.

Ann likes this.
  8. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    So glad to hear everything went ok and you're all back safe! Hopefully the biopsy comes back clear and you get get on enjoying life with each other!

Ann likes this.
  9. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
  10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Oh Ann, I know you'll be spending time just watching him sleep, knowing he's going to be ok.

ghggp, Ann, Hanne and 1 other person like this.