Training class

Cool. If u try some of these let us know or come back with video. I love watching others run and train :yes:

Ok so here goes short vid from our training..... surely made some handling errors and it was rather long course so at the end we're both going rather slowly while running whole course but hey..... It was fun challenge. :biggrin2:

http://youtu.be/Hw4_WCIi9Os
 
how do you run backwards?
I have problems going forwards:winkgrin:

great training video- we are not at that stage..........
 
Yea, I guess you're right. I never thought I'd be doing agility but breeder kind of made that choice for me telling me that this pup should definitely do agility, saying that he's gonna be good at it. Guess she was right :biggrin2:

Nowhere to go but up - very nice attitude and yea, it's true, isn't it. We improve and learn from our mistakes :yes: and even if it doesn't work out sometimes it's all about having fun with our dogs.
 
yeah- I had a friend who had started doing agility and she was so excited when I got a puppy (Cran) and said I had to do agility with him so we got started.
just wish that I had known more at the beginning- we are retraining lots of things now.
hopefully will do a better job with Jocu and Destin:winkgrin:
Destin - his breeder said he'd be good for agility and I was looking for a smaller sheltie then- he definitely has aptitude.
but yes, we need to have fun first:yes:
 
Cool. If u try some of these let us know or come back with video. I love watching others run and train :yes:

Ok so here goes short vid from our training..... surely made some handling errors and it was rather long course so at the end we're both going rather slowly while running whole course but hey..... It was fun challenge. :biggrin2:

http://youtu.be/Hw4_WCIi9Os

I love your videos! Thanks for posting them. I think they're very inspiring, and I hope that I can be even half as good as you! I just need to get my dog first… :lol:
 
just wish that I had known more at the beginning- we are retraining lots of things now.

Oh I feel your pain. I often keep thinking that it's a miracle that my dog is handling things the way he is considering lot of mistakes we did in the training at the beginning. I wish we could start over but well...... Hopefully we'll be able to retrain and reinforce some details for better results. :o

I love your videos! Thanks for posting them. I think they're very inspiring, and I hope that I can be even half as good as you! I just need to get my dog first…

Thanks a lot. You're too kind. And you're very welcome :wink2: I'm sure that you can and will be as good or better than me :smile2:
Good luck picking up your puppy. Picking right dog is crucial. :smile2:
 
I love consistency of your puppy speed! It seems even with late front crosses as you do at 1.15 and 2.24 it still does not bleed off the speed much. What is the move called that you do at 2.47- is it still rear cross on the flat?
 
Thanks, he's very forgiving and patient with his handler :lol: He loves agility and that's why it's so much fun for us. :biggrin2:

Hmm Im not sure I'd call it rear cross. Don't think we have a name for it. You're not changing sides behind your dog, it's more of a send out with cue 'out' so he knows he should be taking a jump from behind. Granted my execution wasn't best ;-) Should've been closer to the dog and more in contact so he wouldn't take whole jump around.
 
Back
Top