Training class

any chance that you could sketch out maps for those two training runs?
I have trouble translating video to a setup that I can work with.......:o
 
I understand, it's tough to imagine course out of the video. This one is from the first video, luckily trainer shared it with us on FB :winkgrin:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....-9/1560599_10201594853739816_1231958110_n.jpg

If you're as colorblind as me you might have little problems putting it together but along with the video, I'm sure you can do it :)

I'll have to create "map" for the second course. Might take few days cause my laptop died and I don't have agility blues on new pc. :smile2:
 
Thanks, he's very forgiving and patient with his handler :lol: He loves agility and that's why it's so much fun for us. :biggrin2:

Hmm Im not sure I'd call it rear cross. Don't think we have a name for it. You're not changing sides behind your dog, it's more of a send out with cue 'out' so he knows he should be taking a jump from behind. Granted my execution wasn't best ;-) Should've been closer to the dog and more in contact so he wouldn't take whole jump around.
was wondering, as something quite similar calls Tandem turn in OMD methodology https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48cN4rl1Ow
 
Wouldn't be surprised we do a lot of 'finnish' handling. I have even dvd from Jaakko and Janita somewhere with some turns they teach. I think I've heard of tandem turn, but never really knew which one is it. So we may be doing it but without giving it label lol. Good job, well done in your video. That's more like it. I should've been closer to the jump and trust my dog more while doing that turn. But that's my pitfall I often don't trust him and things go wrong :biggrin2: If I took a leap of faith I'm sure he'd do it just fine. :)

When I'm at it this is a course I sent to our trainer few days ago and she built it for us today ..... Surely was a challenge, lol. I might upload video later. :winkgrin:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/helpspb/course.jpg
 
Wouldn't be surprised we do a lot of 'finnish' handling. I have even dvd from Jaakko and Janita somewhere with some turns they teach. I think I've heard of tandem turn, but never really knew which one is it. So we may be doing it but without giving it label lol. Good job, well done in your video. That's more like it. I should've been closer to the jump and trust my dog more while doing that turn. But that's my pitfall I often don't trust him and things go wrong :biggrin2: If I took a leap of faith I'm sure he'd do it just fine. :)

When I'm at it this is a course I sent to our trainer few days ago and she built it for us today ..... Surely was a challenge, lol. I might upload video later. :winkgrin:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/helpspb/course.jpg

ohh- that looks like fun:yes:
we still have to run the other one sometime though....
thanks for the maps- it is a big help:smile2:
 
not sure if ill be able to do map for other training video..... sadly i tried to downlaod trial of agility blues, but it doesnt let me build more than like 8 obstacles :dead:
 
That would be total mess because some obstacles are taken more than once. Tho my friend promised to send me Agility Blues - diff version, so it should work. I will also add map from today's training, because it was very nice one :wink2:

And I dare you all to share any course you ran or saw at trials/training class that you found interesting/challenging. :winkgrin:
 
Oh great, thanks for all the links. I'm gonna check them all later. I joined FB group. That course you ran would be my end lol. Every time I'm supposed to run tunnel more than once my memory gets stuck and I have really hard time momerizing courses like this one :rolleyes2::lol:

Heres the course from the video .... Please keep in mind that distances, angles etc are not precise. It's especially tough to fit on the field, because courses are really long. But if you compare it with video, you get an idea.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/helpspb/kamenna342014.jpg

and one from yday :smile2:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/helpspb/kamenna1242014.jpg
 
Back
Top