Training the Chute

I have printed off most of the AKC Novice JWW courses from agilitycoursemaps.com (I use them to design practice courses).

Out of about 50 courses only 1 has a chute (Arcadiana Kennel Club 1999). So yep, you would be pretty unlucky to get a chute.

And I would like to add - woohoo, they now have UK course maps on the agilitycoursemaps site (the UK trials are more like ours).
 
I have printed off most of the AKC Novice JWW courses from agilitycoursemaps.com (I use them to design practice courses).

Out of about 50 courses only 1 has a chute (Arcadiana Kennel Club 1999). So yep, you would be pretty unlucky to get a chute.

And I would like to add - woohoo, they now have UK course maps on the agilitycoursemaps site (the UK trials are more like ours).

Oh very cool. I checked it out and it was nice to be able to see some of the JWW courses.

I so hope there's a chute, that way, I can steal Shadow's MACH title. lol. But seriously, I think I may pay the $20 for one run (I hear that's normal price for AKC here) and just watch all the other Shelties. I will be in Sheltie heaven.
 
You guys are silly.

Well, I got the chute. It was in a gray bag so I was hoping it was, um, gray. Nope, it's neon green! lol. I haven't even opened it up yet, mostly cuz there's no room. Hubby and I hope to get the boxes out of the way and I can start training. At least I'll be "ahead" when we get back to the chute. Until then, NADAC is for me, and Jumpers.

Which reminds me. Time to sign up.
 
What company did you order your Chute from?

I ended up ordering it from Clean Run for one main reason. Convenience. Although it is more expensive than a couple of other sites, not by much though, I felt CR was a better choice because I was buying a lot of stuff at once. Cheaper to combine it all in one order versus buying from 4 different stores (for the items I needed).

I should open it soon....seeing as how I bought a slip lead, and um, yeah, it's a bit "hefty" for a Sheltie (went with the 1/2", oops. Gotta size down).
 
The Pac 'n Go line of training equipment Clean Run carries are nice for the price; especially since they are standard, or close to standard, size and come with a case and ground spikes. I have a Tunnel and Chute from that line (tunnel's blue, chute is purple). I'm really happy with that product line.
 
I just opened up my chute. Ohmigod! LOL. I told y'all it was neon green. That's because it's the puppy chute. They sent me the wrong one. I should have the purple chute. Good thing I decided to open it up before I return my lead (that's too large). Oops. Shall wait for the purple one.
 
If you ordered it from Clean Run, their description on these chutes say "please let us choose the color for you". Just because its neon green doesn't mean is the wrong one. (My agility club has one that is almost Safety Orange from the same company.)

How big is the opening? If its the smaller opening, then they sent the wrong one. If its the bigger opening, then you just got a neon green colored one.
 
If you ordered it from Clean Run, their description on these chutes say "please let us choose the color for you". Just because its neon green doesn't mean is the wrong one. (My agility club has one that is almost Safety Orange from the same company.)

How big is the opening? If its the smaller opening, then they sent the wrong one. If its the bigger opening, then you just got a neon green colored one.

I didn't even see that part. Anyhow, it is the wrong one. I opened it up, I think Koji would have to duck to get in. Opening is a little bigger than 12". I opened it and was like, whoa, this this is tiny. Is this what I ordered. And then said, "a lady on the board said it was almost standard size, I think either she's mistaken or I am". That lady would be you. My second thought was, well, she does run TDAA. LOL. But no, I knew it was wrong. The opening is TINY!!!! It's definitely the puppy chute.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top