Trying to choose a breed, help please

Alright grrr I'll edit it out and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the photos and explanations! I think I'm confusing dark brown with black, that's probably part of my issue lol. Shilah has some I think dark brown, light golden brown/tan, and white.

Sable comes in many shades. Sounds like Shilah is a shaded or mahogany sable - meaning shading of black over the top of the sable coat. I can't actually view your pic as it says I need an account.

I find this Collie site really useful to interpret the shades of sable - it has nice pics http://colliefan.weebly.com/colours.html.

This site is used by judges here - it has a clear, basic breakdown of the sheltie colours. http://vicjudges.com/Shetland-Sheepdog/colour.html
 
Sable comes in many shades. Sounds like Shilah is a shaded or mahogany sable - meaning shading of black over the top of the sable coat. I can't actually view your pic as it says I need an account.

I find this Collie site really useful to interpret the shades of sable - it has nice pics http://colliefan.weebly.com/colours.html.

This site is used by judges here - it has a clear, basic breakdown of the sheltie colours. http://vicjudges.com/Shetland-Sheepdog/colour.html

both are great sites for coloring...all my shelties have started out looking one way then changed...shelties are just SO beautiful...

Kaleigh has got this purplish tinge now when she is in direct sunlight, maybe the sun intensity bleaching out her black fur, it looks like I have her a tint rinse...
 
Last edited:
Ah I see now that it also has to do with markings and where they're at. I would say Shilah looks very similar to the dog in the first link, the first row of pictures, second dog in the row. Yes sheltie's are do beautiful I just love them.
 
Ah I see now that it also has to do with markings and where they're at. I would say Shilah looks very similar to the dog in the first link, the first row of pictures, second dog in the row. Yes sheltie's are do beautiful I just love them.

n-i-c-e!!!
 
---. I would say Shilah looks very similar to the dog in the first link, the first row of pictures, second dog in the row---
If Shilah has these colors, I thought she's really nice. :yes:

If I had not a tri-color, then I would definitely look for this color.

I have been following your entire "journey" from your first post, and is nearly as excited as you, and can hardly wait for the result. :lol:
 
If Shilah has these colors, I thought she's really nice. :yes:

If I had not a tri-color, then I would definitely look for this color.

I have been following your entire "journey" from your first post, and is nearly as excited as you, and can hardly wait for the result. :lol:

Thanks! I love the coloring she has, I do love them all though I don't think I could pick a favorite, they're all so beautiful haha! My husband says the fence should be done by August 4th so here's to hoping it is! It feels like forever but I'm using this time to soak up as much info as I can. I will probably email the rescue in about a week to let them know how the fence is progressing (and make sure they don't forget about us :wink2: lol).
 
Shilah has a sweet, happy face and looks like she has a lot of sheltie in her. She is lucky to be coming to such a caring home. :smile2:

Trini
 
Oh I'm so glad the link worked this time and thank you guys! I thought she looked pretty happy and smiley in the photo to, can't wait to bring her home!
 
Back
Top