Veterinarians and Online Pharmacies

I think so many of us..well mainly myself, trust our Pharmacies, doctors, the medical world in general to always be safe, do extra quality checks etc, with our medicines. However this doesn't always happen and many of us have had experiences proving we must be advocates of our medical care!
 
I really do believe that this is a legit online pharmacy and they get their drugs from a reputable source not typical of most pharmacies. That being said,I can't be bothered argue with my vet about it anymore, its obvious that she believes what she believes and nothing I say will change her mind.

That being said, I'm going to phone this company tomorrow and see if I can find out where their fluoxetine comes from. I may call the manufacturer they list of the drug too, since they're supposed to be close to me. I'd like to understand why other pharmacies local to me have never heard of them.
 
I really do believe that this is a legit online pharmacy and they get their drugs from a reputable source not typical of most pharmacies. That being said,I can't be bothered argue with my vet about it anymore, its obvious that she believes what she believes and nothing I say will change her mind.

That being said, I'm going to phone this company tomorrow and see if I can find out where their fluoxetine comes from. I may call the manufacturer they list of the drug too, since they're supposed to be close to me. I'd like to understand why other pharmacies local to me have never heard of them.

Do share! There are legit ones out there and like you said, you have the background to recognize a phony site or something. I will be keeping my eye out for an update.
 
Do share! There are legit ones out there and like you said, you have the background to recognize a phony site or something. I will be keeping my eye out for an update.

I will for sure.

Their customer support has been excellent. Even though thats only part of what the company does, I find it hard to believe that a company out to scam people would have such knowledgeable staff and such a good system for doing things.

They've been quick to answer all of my questions and were forthright. They responded quickly when I made changes to my order and were quick to help me through the ordering process (telling me what info they needed, where to send it, how long it would take, etc. And I'm not talking about an auto response, I was communicating with an actual person. And they canceled my order and haven't stolen any money from my credit card since I let them know that my vet wouldn't authorize the prescription.
 
Last edited:
I think so many of us..well mainly myself, trust our Pharmacies, doctors, the medical world in general to always be safe, do extra quality checks etc, with our medicines. However this doesn't always happen and many of us have had experiences proving we must be advocates of our medical care!

Well said :yes:
We do have to think for ourselves, and many times the "professionals" learn a little something from us as well ;-)..
 
I just wanted to say good luck. I'm glad you took the time to really research the company and you're continuing to find out what is going on. I'm with you, if it's so cheap here, even w/o insurance, why is it so flipping expensive there? Seems outrageous.
 
Medications

when Seamus was so ill, our vet recommended that we fill his prescriptions at CVS, WALMART, etc. he didn't bat an eye. In fact his penicillin was free at Shoprite where they run a special all the time. Shoprite is an east coast grocery store in the US.

My vet did however control how much of the drug I was able to purchase at one time. It was kind of a skimpy amount, I don't know why except maybe he was watching out for us because Seamus' illness was so severe and he didn't want us to have a backlog of meds.

I checked for you and they have a couponmom in Canada. There are several sites and some good information.

Kate
 
Last edited:
when Seamus was so ill, our vet recommended that we fill his prescriptions at CVS, WALMART, etc. he didn't bat an eye. In fact his penicillin was free at Shoprite where they run a special all the time. Shoprite is an east coast grocery store in the US.

My vet did however control how much of the drug I was able to purchase at one time. It was kind of a skimpy amount, I don't know why except maybe he was watching out for us because Seamus' illness was so severe and he didn't want us to have a backlog of meds.

I checked for you and they have a couponmom in Canada. There are several sites and some good information.

Kate

its the drugs that are expensive for the pharmacies, the pharmacies aren't marking them up that much. They're still almost a dollar a pill cost. I buy Toby's Rx and the least expensive pharmacy in my area.
 
Just an FYI, I spoke to the sheltie rescue about the online pharmacy my vet wouldn't let me use. Turns out the sheltie rescue uses the pharmacy all the time, as well as some sheltie rescues in the US. They are absolutely a legitimate company and wonderful to deal with.

Boy does this ever make me feel better after my vet and her staff reprimanded me like a small child. I felt like I was losing my mind!

This is the link to the online pharmacy I've been talking about. Even though I was never able to order from them, my dealings with them were excellent.

http://www.canadadrugs.com/

Even though this is a legitimate, reputable online pharmacy, I just want to reiterate that its ALWAYS important to do research into a company before ordering from anything online, especially in the case of an online pharmacy. Below are some links that should help to differentiate between a reputable company and a scam/phishing site that is just out to steal your credit card information.

http://arthritis.about.com/cs/onlinepharm/a/onphsafeorsorry.htm
http://drugs.about.com/od/costofdrugs/a/trust_online_rx.htm
 
Last edited:
Do they charge you the full dispensing fee at Costco? I notice on my Rx that this can be about $11.00 per Rx.
 
Back
Top