Westminster Dog Show?

Very pretty dog! I actually looked at getting a pup from Jane when we were looking for a puppy. Decided we'd rather have a sable, but we did speak to Jane a bit via email. Very exciting for her.

Interesting to see that the dog's sire is Polaris, a double merle. Well, on her website she says he is a double dilute...is that the same thing?

http://www.shadowhillshelties.com/shelties/boys/oreo.html
I agree! Luna's a pretty girl, but I could be a bit prejudiced. I think all blue merles are lovely. :wink2:

I thought it was interesting that the Rough Collie happened to be a blue merle, as well.

Double merle and double dilute are the same thing.
 
Diva was so cute tonight. While watching the herding group, I looked over and Diva was staring at the TV. I think maybe the Bearded Collie or Baird was on, she got really intense when the Collie came on. Of course, as soon as I tried to grab the camera she was done.:lol: I have caught her watching TV in the past. She seems to like nature shows. None of my other dogs have ever done this.

Maybe she was trying to get some pointers for next time she is in the ring. :lol:
 
I had been to the Shadow Hills web site before, they have some lovely dogs. I did notice to that the Rough Collie and the Sheltie were blues. Any where we can now find a list for who the shelties were competeing? Maybe next year we will win.
 
Diva was so cute tonight. While watching the herding group, I looked over and Diva was staring at the TV. I think maybe the Bearded Collie or Baird was on, she got really intense when the Collie came on. Of course, as soon as I tried to grab the camera she was done.:lol: I have caught her watching TV in the past. She seems to like nature shows. None of my other dogs have ever done this.

Maybe she was trying to get some pointers for next time she is in the ring. :lol:

We get that here also.Trapp & Jasper were watching a re-run of the dog show this past sat.It always gets thier attention if dogs are on,especially more attentive if they bark.
 
So I was ringside yesterday at Westminster for the Shelties, and all I can say is that it was the strangest judging I have ever seen, to say the least. Not a single one of the "top" dogs were even pulled from the lineup for consideration, including the top winning Sheltie in the country, Paray Cirque Du Soliel, who won the breed at Eukanuba. There were also a notable lack of sables in the judge's choices (none, except for one mahogany who is related to my Pixie), despite a number of stunning sables in the class.

The Rough Collie who won, Sax, also won at Eukanuba and has been cleaning up at shows. Best Opposite to her was another handsome merle, Prince, who has placed at Westminster for several years.

I'll have some photos online as soon as I get them from my photographer.

You can see all the breed judging online by going to the Westminster site. You can see the Sheltie group here:
http://video.usanetwork.com/features/westminster_dog_show/herding_group/v1201763
 
So I was ringside yesterday at Westminster for the Shelties, and all I can say is that it was the strangest judging I have ever seen, to say the least. Not a single one of the "top" dogs were even pulled from the lineup for consideration, including the top winning Sheltie in the country, Paray Cirque Du Soliel, who won the breed at Eukanuba. There were also a notable lack of sables in the judge's choices (none, except for one mahogany who is related to my Pixie), despite a number of stunning sables in the class.

QUOTE]

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I agree -- that was a weird call. While I thought she chose the best of the merles, there were a couple of sables I thought should have been up there. Oh well, I guess that's why some breeders, when they hear the judge, choose not to spend the huge amount of money on Westminster. :cool:
 
Now why did I call she a he? Apparently I was half asleep last night when looking at the results. :lol: I am thrilled for Shadow Hills though...

... I will say this about the judging. When you have shown for a bit in confirmation you come to a point where you begin to realize... though not fair... their are judges out there that have favorite colors and favorite handlers. No they aren't suppose to show favoritism, but you will come across those at time to time that do. I have been in a couple of shows where I felt my dog... not partiality here either:) ... is defiantly better than this other dog and the judge won't even look at me. :mad: Those weren't my better days.
It is extremely important for a handler to keep an eye on what judge shows favoritism to what color. He He... the show that Player went BOB in just recently the judge liked sables. She was judging corgis before us and the corgis were going majors... and everyone of them but one that I spotted was sable.... was that obvious are what? :biggrin2:
 
Back
Top