What colors/Markings are your favorites?

I absolutely LOVE Color Headed White Blues. The more white, and patches of blue merle the better. I was recently told (on here actually) that the color wasn't able to be shown or something to that effect.

If I had my choice, I would have a heavier boned Sable with a full white collar and a wide blaze on the face. Or, a heavier boned blue merle with a slight blaze, or with more black than blue on half the face (have no idea what that is called. Split face maybe?)
 
So, I wanted a "Lassie" colored Sheltie. Not quite what I got. LOL. My faves are sables, however I do prefer mahogany sables. Second fave are bi-blues that have black in them (but not all black, I want to see the blue - I guess Aussies are more the blue that I like). Third fave is CHW. I call them "cow spots", I love it.

I prefer full collars, but don't care. Miko's didn't connect, but he had a pretty fluffy white collar in the front. :) I also prefer blazes. Both Miko and Koji started out with a very small one, but they disappeared. Randi's Bailey pretty much covers what I'd like a sable to look like. Adorable!!! Just not so hyper and naughty ;P

I agree with everyone who said it is about the expression though. Miko had a soft, sweet, old soul, kind of expression. Koji, not so much. He's cute, but more in a silly way.

After the CHW, I'll take a blue merle, tri, then bi-black. Sable merle's fall in line with the sables. In the end though, if the dog is great, is what I want, I'll take whatever. :) Since it'll be "my kid", it's cute anyways, right?
 
...or with more black than blue on half the face (have no idea what that is called. Split face maybe?)

Yep!:wink2:

I'm not seeing any votes for Tri's here?

How come?

Like I said, I LOVE all sheltie colors. My list was very hard to make because I love them all so much. But the reason the blacks are farther down on MY list is because I can see the expressions easier on the sables and blue than I can on blacks. It may be because I'm not used to black shelties. But again, I would be absolutely ecstatic to have a tri or bi baby!:biggrin2:
 
I do prefer sables too. After getting Tully I have to admit that the shaded mahogany sable is my fave and I definitely want that colouring again. I get so many comments about how beautiful Tully's coat is and it contrasts well with the softness of the sable around the face.
 
Well, I have had sables all of my almost 25 years of living. Though I do like sables, I like the look of tris and blue merles. I really like blue merles that have the split face (like Rachel's Grizz) or even her Bree's mask around her eye and also the lighter gray coat versus the dark one. I love how unique each blue is based off of their spot pattern.
 
I'm not seeing any votes for Tri's here?

How come?

Hey now, I said I had a special place in my heart for Tri's. My first sheltie was a Tri. I prefer Tri's with quite a bit of white on their face. I think it softens their expression. BUT, because I've already had a Tri, I probably won't get another anytime soon. But then again, a good personality might win me over.
 

Attachments

  • pic1334.jpg
    pic1334.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm partial to tri's as my Kali was one. I was actually on my way to get another but Hanna's personality won me overr and the little tri girl went to someone else.
 

Attachments

  • n524666915_1534988_1048.jpg
    n524666915_1534988_1048.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top