When should a Sheltie puppy's ears start coming up?

Well, Devon now has sort of tipped ears. The tops of the ears have come down, perhaps a little too much to be called truly just tipped, but as long as they don't come down any further I think I'll just leave things alone. They stayed completely up for about a week and a half after he got the braces out, but after that they slowly came down to their current position. They haven't changed much in the last week, so perhaps this is their final position if I don't do anything else.

 
Well, Devon now has sort of tipped ears. The tops of the ears have come down, perhaps a little too much to be called truly just tipped, but as long as they don't come down any further I think I'll just leave things alone. They stayed completely up for about a week and a half after he got the braces out, but after that they slowly came down to their current position. They haven't changed much in the last week, so perhaps this is their final position if I don't do anything else.

ADORABLE!!
 
They look wonderful especially from where you came from!

I only wish Liam’s ears were that evenly tipped! Good job
 
Devon's ears look great especially when you consider how they were when you started bracing!
Devon has turned into a beautiful boy!
 
Oh those pesky Sheltie ears!! Devon looks great! Fingers crossed that they stay right where they are now. Perfect! :biggrin2:
 
Thanks all. It was a tough slog in the beginning figuring out how to brace the ears and keep the braces on for more than a couple of days, but it will be worth it if they stay the way they are now. I read that the ears were supposed to be braced until 9 months or so and Devon is only 7 months now, and was only a little over 6 months when he got his paw in the string and pulled them out. That said, he seems to have matured early and all at once.

Between 5 1/2 months and 6 1/2 months Devon seemed to have transformed in just those few weeks from looking like a puppy to looking like an adult dog (he still acts like a puppy though, although he did become fully house trained during those same weeks). All his permanent teeth are in now and even the last ones in (the ones in the middle between the canine and the molars) now look like they are all the way in. So hopefully his ears won't do any flaky things in the next couple months.
 
Back
Top