When threads become too long....

Does anyone else see the irony in the thread topic & how long this thread has become? :lol: Just kidding! :cool: I belong to several other forum groups(mainly car related) & none are near as active as this one. Nice job everybody.
Disclaimer: This post was not aimed at Barb or anyone else that has posted in this thread.
 
Barb...maybe you can help me with something, then.

How do you know when the albums are updated? Maybe I am missing something. Is there a way to see who has updated their pictures in their albums? If there is...then I totally see what you are saying. Just check out the new pictures in a persons album. If there isn't a way to know when someone has updated their albums, then I will stick to putting a picture in a thread.

For example...I am not going to start a new thread each week with an updated picture of Dandie. That is just me. I do not want to clog up the forum with a new thread about Dandie everytime I want to post a new picture. This is why I choose to continue on my Dandie thread. To me...this makes sense.

I don't think there is a way to do it currently, but it could be as simple as a category called "New Photos" - post here if you've updated your albulm.

F
 
I like pictures in the threads. Sometimes when I see them it prompts me to look at their albums too, but like I said I enjoy the ongoing threads about individual pups.
 
you can check what albums are recently updated by going to Community then Pictures and Albums and it shows the most recent updates.
 
I like pictures in the threads. Sometimes when I see them it prompts me to look at their albums too, but like I said I enjoy the ongoing threads about individual pups.

Me too. I actually love following the Sca-ga, Trapp, Jasper, Shots of Whiskey, True, Madam Bailey, etc. I am WAY to much of an organizational freak to even think about going to more than one thread about the same dog. I like things all nice and tidy and in one place.

Maybe we can do something like have a thread where we prompt people to check out our albums when we update them for people who get turned off by the size of a thread.

And then for those of us that LOVE following individual dogs on one thread, we can continue those threads.

Hey, if you don't like....then don't read it :wink2:
 
Well!

There we go!

Problems solved. Thanks Dr. Shelli :lol:

Is it? I don't think so. There are a number who still want to update photos, etc. in ongoing threads. I will say again....I have no problem with that until it becomes a 3 month thread on its own. Apparently there are some that want that.

So be it, but at least there is another option. I do encourage you all to use it if it seems appropriate for what you are trying to communicate.

As much as possible, let's use the discussion forum for discussions. And lets use the other features of the forum that are available to us for the other stuff.
 
Back
Top