You are going to share aren't you dad?

You are going to share . . .

After reading your posts about all the staredowns, I hope what I am about to tell you won't make you all jealous!! LOL I allowed Bambi in the kitchen while I cooked because I usually managed to "accidentially" drop a bite or two, but when she heard me turn off the stove, I'd make the knobs "pop" when I turned them off, this was her signal. When I had my dinner plate in my hand, that was her cue to leave the room! The only place in my house she was not allowed was where we were eating. If she ever "forgot" to leave the room, all I had to, very gently, say was "You know better." She couldn't get out of the room fast enough. I gotta tell you, this was the absolute best little Sheltie on 4 legs and I loved her dearly and miss her every day.
 
After reading your posts about all the staredowns, I hope what I am about to tell you won't make you all jealous!! LOL I allowed Bambi in the kitchen while I cooked because I usually managed to "accidentially" drop a bite or two, but when she heard me turn off the stove, I'd make the knobs "pop" when I turned them off, this was her signal. When I had my dinner plate in my hand, that was her cue to leave the room! The only place in my house she was not allowed was where we were eating. If she ever "forgot" to leave the room, all I had to, very gently, say was "You know better." She couldn't get out of the room fast enough. I gotta tell you, this was the absolute best little Sheltie on 4 legs and I loved her dearly and miss her every day.

Dickens is pretty good too. All I have to do is say "scoot," and he leaves the kitchen, or whatever area he's in. At dinner time he finds himself something to chew on, although we don't forbid him the dining room, as long as he minds his Ps and Qs. But when he hears the word "oops" coming from the kitchen, he's right there!
 
we get this too! except one set of eyes, all she would have to do to get your food is lean forward if we are sitting. :rolleyes2: and gizmo is more of a pogo stick/kangaroo til you tell him to sit
 
Back
Top