I am 53 and my husband is 54. Ellie is a lover and a couch potato when we are and active when we are. Shelties are VERY adaptable! It sounds like this will be a VERY lucky Sheltie you adopt! GO FOR IT!!
Oh my goodness, you are going to be a great Sheltie mom, what with what you have planned! Plus I am with Justice Mom, I truly think Labs are way more energetic when it comes to wearing you down than Shelties, even as a puppy...
My opinion is that Shelties can focus at ANY age, lol... unlike Labs
Shelties are trying hard to please and are very in tune, so age has nothing to do with it, as long as you can at least keep somewhat active with them! It sounds to me that you are gonna be wayyyy active hahaha
Go for it! That Sheltie needs your consideration, thoughtful planning, and adoration. It is obvious you have all of the above. Have fun... and lots of pics, please!
Hi everyone - thanks so much for the encouragement. I am pretty excited and have been out buying smaller toys. My labs' balls and other toys are too big and heck, I just like shopping for dog toys!
I will post some pictures when I get him and look forward to being a member of this very supportive group.
Norma,
good luck with your new pup, you will be happy to know that one of my friends who works at doggie daycare says, " thank god I have shelties" every day of her work...
after labs it will be refreshing....
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.