Bad news about Hadley from Austin

They are so cute!

What did the owner say about the spaying? It seems like this lady is full of crap :lol:

I am so glad to hear that she is doing well, and that the babies look so healthy. She looks like she is being a very good mama.

How are you holding up?
 
I'm doing okay. I figure we might as well make the best of this situation and enjoy watching some puppies be born... as I'm assuming this will be the only time in my life it happens- lol! Hadley is a good mom and I'm suprised how healthy everyone is considering she was living outside and being fed beneful and full of ear mites, worms, and an awful bladder infection. She's quite a trooper. She does spend time away from them but not a whole lot. She will come out for attention and for food and potty. She's been eating like a champ and drinking very well also.... poor baby seems to be hot with all those puppies on her! She's a sweetie. The puppies are too cute! They just curl up in your hands and sleep.... pretty cool!

On a side note, my cat is madder than hell about this whole situation, esp. being locked out of the bedroom at night and decided to pay me back by taking a big poo on my white shag rug. Gotta leave cats.... so spiteful!
 
Thanks for the advice. I will contact those two groups after I post this. Hadley is doing very well and the puppies seem to be doing well also. Hadley's going outside to the bathroom and eating and seems very happy and attentive to her babies. She's been eating well and plenty of food -- I went and got her the puppy food earlier. We have 4 boys and 1 little girl. They are all light brown, except the little girl is a bit darker. The owner contacted me to check on her and still swears she's never been in heat nor had babies before. She said the only males she has been around is another Sheltie and a Tea Cup Yorkie. I'll attach some pictures... I'm guessing it's too soon to know if they might be Shelties? Of course, I couldn't sell them or even prove they were full-blood. People keep asking how big they will be also. Anyone had anyway to gauge that based on their size now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/puppy1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/puppy2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/puppy3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/hadleynthegang.jpg



How precious!! I may want one :o
 
I think we need to run a contest -- What's In the Mix???

I wouldn't trust a thing the breeder said about what dog nailed Hadley. :dead:
 
Agreed about not trusting anything she says. She had the nerve to ask for pictures and to come see them! Really? I mean not to be rude but this isn't exactly a happy occasion. Who knows how many times Hadley has been pregnant -- the vet estimated between 2-3 yrs old and the previous owner said 2 yrs old. She wasn't getting the proper nutrition or care during pregnancy since I had no idea she was pregnant. I feel so stupid because I guess I should of been able to tell... but I swear she didn't get big until like the last couple days! I did feel them in her belly the morning of the day she had them. Just annoys me the owner is acting so concerned calling to see if she's okay and what not but wasn't even concerned enough to get her dog spayed. She claimed to have 10 other dogs so who knows who the dad is. I thought they looked kind of Chihuahua-ish?
 
The puppies are adorable.

I know you are busy with school and everything else in your life but thank you for trying your best to do what is right by Hadley and her surprise (to you) litter of babies. Personally, I think it speaks highly to your character that you are willing to adjust your life as much as possible for this unexpected twist fate has thrown you. There are many who would have run from it.

After reading your description of Hadley's condition when you received her (living outside and being fed beneful and full of ear mites, worms, and an awful bladder infection) I am triplely glad you did not decide to give her back to that woman. Hadley is truly blessed that she and her pups are in your care.

I sincerely hope you get the help and guidance you need from either the rescue or Sheltie club.
 
yes, even if unwanted... you may as well enjoy those little cuties for now :)
I can not wait to see more pics, give it a couple of weeks and they will be little squeakers you can have fun with... lol
Granite, Tofu Pup and Lightplum and other breeders on here are giving great advice, so I am sure that will continue as they grow a little older!

The pups are adorable, look like baby hamsters err Shelties to me, lol
 
Back
Top