Bad news about Hadley from Austin

Mom is beautiful and pups are adorable. I would say the only reason the [previous owner wants her and them or to come see them is so she can sell the pups. She's worried about the money. If she worried about her dog she wouldn't have come to you in such poor health. I wouldn't let her near there. You are doing a great job.
 
Wow....big puppers. My mom's irish setter puppies are usually around a pound. Hmmm....wonder if dad is a big dog :biggrin2:
 
Okay. I'll make sure to check their weight every day. I need to put a ribbon around their neck or something small, that won't hurt them, in order to keep track of whose who because it gets rather confusing!

Here's another adorable picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/maddy_ciccone18/IMG_1877.jpg

WOW!

They are absolutely beautiful puppies.

I agree with everyone else...you are doing a fantastic job and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being who you are and keeping Hadley away from that lady and taking such great care of the pups.

You deserve a big pat on the back.
 
Wow....big puppers. My mom's irish setter puppies are usually around a pound. Hmmm....wonder if dad is a big dog :biggrin2:

That is my thought. The Rottweilers are only alittle bigger than that at that age. They start out at about 12oz to about a pound and then grow like weeds. Cute pupps though. If she was housed outdoors that dad could have been anything that wandered though.
 
Last edited:
I agree with Dawn whole heartedly 100%!! The pups wouldn't be so healthy looking if you weren't taking excellent care of momma :smile2:.

So when do you start all the fun stuff like de-worming, all the "firsts" during the first 8 weeks? I am learning right along with you..
 
From what I've read and been told the dewormer is at 3, 5, and 7 weeks. And first set of shots at 6 weeks. Luckily, the dewormer isn't too expensive. Not sure about the shots yet... hopefully not too bad!
 
Little pups look healthy and fat, Hadley looks content, you're obviously doing a great job! I looked at the pics before reading back through the last few posts and they look like sable merles to me too. We don't have many of that colour here - a pity because I think it is stunning. Reminds me of the strawberry roan colour in horses:smile2: It will be very interesting watching them growing up and developing their characters. I have seen quite a few new sheltie litters and these don't look dissimilar, although virtually impossible to say of course at this age. However, whoever dad was, I think they will look quite stunning when they're older.
I have to agree that the only reason the previous owner is probably interested now is for financial gain. Thank Goodness Hadley is away from her and with you now.

I must say isn't it typical that something like this can happen when the bitch is in poor condition and the odds are stacked -when its all planned and done everything right, how come it often dosn't work out???!!:no:
Keep up the good work and love to Hadley and her babies. (I'm glad I'm the other side of the Atlantic or I could be tempted....:lol:)
 
Back
Top