Blueberry update

So thrilled her bloodwork came back okay! She should not be bred, does that mean her breeding should not be repeated? How do they figure that out? Do they feel this is neurological is that why they say that? And then what happens to your co-ownership with the breeder? Does that continue or is she yours 100% now? How are her tremors? Wonder if she will grow out. Milk thistle is very good for liver - might help clear out any gunk from her shots.

LOVE the pic of her in her bed! They match - haha!! She has such a sweet face! Can't imagine her terrorizing anyone! (Tell that to Finnie and Piper, aye?!)
 
Well there's a weight lifted with that news! I am curious to see what the titers say. Will two rounds of shots be enough? If so, is that indicative of over vaccinating all puppies? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL
I know some vets recommend titreing after each puppy shot and not ‘just’ vaccinations. If vets made this more affordable more people would titre!
 
So thrilled her bloodwork came back okay! She should not be bred, does that mean her breeding should not be repeated? How do they figure that out? Do they feel this is neurological is that why they say that? And then what happens to your co-ownership with the breeder? Does that continue or is she yours 100% now? How are her tremors? Wonder if she will grow out. Milk thistle is very good for liver - might help clear out any gunk from her shots.

LOVE the pic of her in her bed! They match - haha!! She has such a sweet face! Can't imagine her terrorizing anyone! (Tell that to Finnie and Piper, aye?!)
Both my regular vet and the specialist think it’s neurological with the possibility that it was caused or a reaction of the 12 week vaccine(we really don’t know how separate the blood brain barrier is). As to her breeding the vet feels that Blueberry should not be bred (this was something the breeder had discussed with me for the future). She suggested I spay her before her first heat but I’m more inclined to wait a bit longer than that. This is something I definitely have to discuss with the breeder. She’ll still make a fantastic obedience dog...she has a toy that is shaped like a dumbbell and loves to carry it...I’ve been starting her on that toy lol.
She still has the twitches but they certainly haven’t increased or changed in any way. If I haven’t held her for any length of time (like yesterday, getting ready for work etc) then she doesn’t do it at all. She doesn’t even do it when doing sits or downs. Hopefully, if they continue she’ll learn to adapt.
She really is the sweetest little girl. I just sat for 10 minutes holding her with her perched up on my shoulder (and partly the back of the chair, she was that high up lol) while I had my morning coffee.
She really is that content to just be held by me...even when Piper and Finnie are walking nearby she never attempted to get away!
Forgot to mention she is on a liver detox homeopathic medicine (Adored Beast product) that is for 30 days. She’s been on it now for almost 2 weeks.
 
Last edited:
Such a good report, but still puzzling. I hate not knowing why something happened. She seems like a great little dog and I'm really glad she's in your very capable hands. Gotta love the snugglers - Meadow will consent to snuggle on my lap when she's done playing. Elijah is actually my big cuddler though.

Love the photos of the color matched bed. Blueberry is such an adorable girl.
 
Love the photos, and so glad that the news is good. And I'm very glad she's staying!! (Bet she is too! Brothers to torment!) As Sharon said, it's really hard not to have a firm diagnosis or a reason. I agree with not breeding her, but you could still show her as long as she's intact. See what your breeder thinks.

She is certainly growing fast! She's going to outgrow that cute bed before you know it! What a little love. I hope your arm feels better!
 
Sounds like she might go out of size anyway for breeding. Just means she gets to be a house dog.
She's still at least an inch or two smaller than Piper (13 3/4). Just quite stocky. I did cut back a wee bit on her food (from 1 cup to 3/4) because of all the extra treats she gets in addition to the piece of sweet potato she gets at bedtime. She gained almost 2 pounds in 2 weeks!
Such a good report, but still puzzling. I hate not knowing why something happened. She seems like a great little dog and I'm really glad she's in your very capable hands. Gotta love the snugglers - Meadow will consent to snuggle on my lap when she's done playing. Elijah is actually my big cuddler though.

Love the photos of the color matched bed. Blueberry is such an adorable girl.
it certainly is a mystery but I’m convinced it’s from her vaccination. Most vets are unwilling to accept that reactions past the first 24-48 hours do happen (again the lack of information with the blood brain barrier in puppies). She was 100% prior to the 12 week shot, a few days later this started.
The bed being grey is a coincidence lol...used to be Piper’s, he didn’t use it so it became Finnie’s...sorry Finnie. Once Blueberry is through her teething she can have the tent bed and Finnie can have his back lol.
 
Yay for great bloodwork results!!!!

It does sound like she’s doing great and adapting to her twitch. What a resilient girl!

I don’t see why you shouldn’t wait longer to spay her if that was your original plan. You could even ask the holistic vet/specialist if waiting even longer might be good for Blueberry just to make sure she has every opportunity to develop fully and normally.
 
Back
Top