Blueberry update

I believe it is, Lisa.

With Brodie, breeder was new to me so even though she told me both parents were negative, I tested him. With Deacon, I now have a long term relationship with the breeder and she has not steered me wrong ever. She does test her dogs though. Brodie's sister, Deacon's mom, is negative as is the sire so I did not bother to test Deacon. I think tremors is one thing is can cause - it is responsible for removing toxins and if positive, toxins can build up. Wouldn't hurt to alleviate it. The test is simple and wasn't earth shattering expensive from what I remember but it was two years ago.
Messaged the breeder. The sire is negative and breeder is just waiting for swab to arrive (by mail) to test dam. I’ll hold off testing until I know if dam is negative or not.
Thanks again for this info!
 
I test my dogs for MDR even if I have results from the parents. It is definitely genetic and can skip generations if it's in the line. It's an inexpensive test that is easy to do and well worth it. If you have a mutant/normal dog it's good information to have when the dog goes in for surgery since specific types of anesthesia should be avoided. Other than that, they live totally normal lives. In the rare instance you have a mutant/mutant dog, there are things you have to be very careful about.
 
I test my dogs for MDR even if I have results from the parents. It is definitely genetic and can skip generations if it's in the line. It's an inexpensive test that is easy to do and well worth it. If you have a mutant/normal dog it's good information to have when the dog goes in for surgery since specific types of anesthesia should be avoided. Other than that, they live totally normal lives. In the rare instance you have a mutant/mutant dog, there are things you have to be very careful about.
I’ll definitely get her tested then Ann, thanks for that info.
 
Back
Top