Fat Sheltie Butts!

He, he, I am getting a visual on all this !! Naked women bathing furry little barky dogs, while fur is flying everywhere and and " It's a small world after all" playing in the background. Women in bathing suits and big ole bathrobes drinking wine and going to the door to let young men in...when folks are askin me what I'm grinnin about today, I'll just smile and give a little giggle...:biggrin2:

My number one aim in life is to give other people the giggles.....such is my life!

Oh, and btw, Indy still has fat butt.......I think I'm going to use the reverse leaf blower on him next.......or maybe the lawn mower.....
 
And you do it so well Barb heheh:) I have been freaking out about Max's weight but I don't know how to measure him so maybe he isn't as bad as I think? NOT but my vet tells me not to worry! Wrong! Lol we call him wide load! Because when you look at him from the back! Wide load . . . But from the front just plain gorgeous :)
 
Neither of my guys really ever blow their coat. Their undercoat just gets thicker and thicker and fruitless hours of trying to brush it out just never seems to get the job done.

So in desperation, I finally bathed the dogs myself today (normally, I leave it to a groomer!). Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it. I have a deep tub with a spray nozzle. I got in the tub with Dog #1 (naked....yeah there's a visual). Soaped and rinsed. Threw a towel over and tossed him outside to dry. Then on to dog No. 2. Same drill. Had a glass of wine on the deck (yes, I did dress for this) then decided to take the blow dryer to both of them (never did that before) and quick flips with the 35 mm pin brush to help loosen things up.

I think they actually quite liked it! (ok, I'm just going to stick to that story)

I expect to have fur flying within the next day or so! I hope. I don't mind vacuuming it....just want it OFF the dogs once and for all!

Hopefully no more fat Sheltie butts! :lol:
I love reading your grooming posts. They are so funny.:pop You just seem so animated and excited whenever you talk about this stuff. Whether you mean it to be funny or not, it is! or is it just me :hide I am known for laughing at things that other people don't find that funny. I did that in the movies once. :uhoh:
 
So update....after the desperation bath, Indy still will not blow his coat!

A few tufts loosened up after the bath but the rest lies firmly attached. He got another brushing today with the evil rake....and still he is one big poof ball! This undercoat WILL NOT LET GO!

Sorry, Indy, I think your stuck with it!

Now onto Bacca......
 
I love reading your grooming posts. They are so funny.:pop You just seem so animated and excited whenever you talk about this stuff. Whether you mean it to be funny or not, it is! or is it just me :hide I am known for laughing at things that other people don't find that funny. I did that in the movies once. :uhoh:

Oh, yes! I'm a big believer in funny! And I'm happy to laugh at myself and my antics with my dogs. I know I pretend to be knowledgeable on the forum, and sometimes I actually DO know what I'm talking about, but yeah, I'm the first one to sometimes that I just don't have a freakin' clue!
 
I always bathe Buffy with a bathing suit on. I get what you guys mean with the scratches though. I get in the bath with her and she clings to me like a drowning person. Then we blow dry her. I almost always do this with my husband... it takes two of us to hold her down. A lot of her hair comes out during the blow drying process. It's NOT my favorite thing... I end up with a lot of fuzz in my nose and mouth and Buffy just is a drama queen and pretends to be traumatized beyond repair. If she's really floofy, I take her into the groomer's and let the professionals do their thing. I wish I had a backyard so I could get all her floof around outside instead of inside.
 
We laugh like hell when we give Sandstorm a bath, and he always posts later to tell you how humiliated he is!! He looks so skinny when he is wet!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
It is so funny- we cry we laugh so hard. Then SS tries to do this :hide because he is just so humiliated.
 
Oh, yes, the classic Eeeyore faces!

And since I still have fat pants, they just might get another bath this week, though I'll wait until the weather warms up.....after last weeks heat wave, it has turned nasty cold and damp here....
 
Fat pants they may be...but they have beautiful coats!! I hope mine get those nice lush feathers on the hocks eventually..and fatter pants too :wink2: They've got 2 more years of coat growin' to do. Good luck with the new groomer-can't wait to see pics of the results!
 
Back
Top