Gavin has an external growth on his neck

it pretty much looks the same. a bit less weepy, but still very moist.
it is maybe a it flatter now, probably less inflammation.
I think it was really matted in under his fur and probably pretty nasty.
Some of the dried blood on his skin is still there even after a eek of twice daily washes.
All can is wait for a biopsy on Sunday.
apparently they can freeze off skin tags and the like, but I don't know if this is too big for that.
 
Cindy, prayers and good wishes continue to come your way from me. You have worked so hard to give Gavin support and fill his days with joy and hopefully he will have a lot more time to be by your side. You are both very special.
Trini
 
I am not seeing any change. still weepy and moist. don't think that is good. I can't leave it uncovered as Gavin will itch it and there is no way to keep all his fur off of it :(
 
it will have to be removed I'm sure, but everything has steps. first step is biopsy. then probably pre-anesthesia blood work, then surgery. It'll probably be a week or after our appointment on Sunday until we can get to that, depending on COVID impact. and in there somewhere is do I want to go a specialist vet for removal or stay with his current vet, and that probably depends on biopsy results and blood work. If he is high risk or tumor is malignant, I'll probably change vets which will add more time in there. This is not my first rodeo with this, or even second, which in some insane way makes it easier since I know all these steps and how long these things take.
 
It must be so hard to look at that thing every day and not know. I am not very good at waiting, and I AM good at driving myself crazy. Still holding out hope it is nothing terrible and can be dealt with. Please give Gavin a gentle pat from me and know we are all thinking of you and holding you both in our hearts.
 
Back
Top