Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ginny and Gina's New Home

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by DaGrinch, Feb 25, 2012.

1. DaGrinch

DaGrinch Forums Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    Western MD
  2. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
  3. DaGrinch

DaGrinch Forums Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    Western MD
    Yes, it's their special place. :yes: They have the run of the family room at night and pretty much the rest of the house during the day.

I figure after I return from a trip that starts on Monday, sometime after March 20th we'll move the "special place" upstairs to our bedroom so they can sleep in the same room as the other two girls...and of course, us. Ginny manages steps, Gina doesn't. There's about 7 steps coming down from the bedroom level to the kitchen/living room level. Need to figure out how to get Gina to walk on hardwood floors. I best do some more research, huh? :wink2:

4. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Lovely pictures of the girls. The merle appears to have the same facial markings as our Tinsel - too cute.
    I know what you mean about researching all avenues to make the lives of these little ones better. I have more new books on dog behaviour now that I have probably purchased in several years. I find myself going to them frequently as each new hurdle comes up. I just keep reminding myself of how far Tin has come instead of how far he has to go. Hugs to the girls.

5. DaGrinch

DaGrinch Forums Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    Western MD
    Thank you. Coming from you, and what you are going through, that means a lot to me.

6. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    I just saw the new pics of the girls. Looks like they have settled right on in just fine. They are all so beautiful. It warms my heart to read about them and especially the care and love you give to them. My favorite saying - rescuing a dog may not change the world but for that dog the world has changed.

7. DaGrinch

DaGrinch Forums Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    Western MD
    AMEN! And ours, too! :yes:

8. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Hi DaGrinch: I have successfully used a concoction of Mimulus, Aspen and Rescue Remedy to help dogs get past the fear that impedes their ability to learn. If you are interested in trying it then PM me and I will tell you how to mix and dispense them.

9. hrcarol

hrcarol Forums Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2012
    Atlanta suburbs
    Could you share some of the books and information you find most useful. I have a new little foster Pamela. She's not very fearful overall but, there are a few things that she is scared of like going up and down steps. She is a little afraid of my husband but, did approach him a few times yesterday on her own w/ no encouragement. This is my first time fostering so I'm still learning.

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    All 4 of your girls are so cute! Gina and Ginny appear to be making strides, and their faces look more relaxed in the picture. (Of course when they are sleeping they ARE relaxed! :lol:)

I'm glad to hear they are settling in, even if progress is slow. I imagine for a while these rescue dogs are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.... and the suspiciously nice circumstances to change back to the bad ones. Tincture of time is needed! Thanks for your patience for these two sweeties.