Glueing ears- instructions

Wow, I've got 8 weeks to find a willing participant to wrangling puppy ears...

Justus ear leather is awfully short and I found the glue thing too hard to maintain...

Now if some inventive soul can make an ear brace out of velcro that we can set and forget... we would probably make them a million bucks!
 
Moleskin, popsicle stick, hair pins, string, japanese tape, sewing fabric glue, and solvents...

Geesh, I sure hope she has a natural set of ears, but knowing her family - it's not likely!
 
after they are up and used to be ontop of the head then the tipping.

so...do the bracing/bridging first & then tip? Do you mean do it the same day or leave the tipping process until the ears are used to being on top of the head?...days later?

I apologize for being such a knucklehead. There are just so many different opinions/methods to doing this & I really want Baker's ears to have their best chance at being right. :confused2:
 
so...do the bracing/bridging first & then tip? Do you mean do it the same day or leave the tipping process until the ears are used to being on top of the head?...days later?

I apologize for being such a knucklehead. There are just so many different opinions/methods to doing this & I really want Baker's ears to have their best chance at being right. :confused2:

At 6 weeks old the ears are often too little to do the tip. So you pull them up together. At around 8 weeks, the ears are big enough and high enough, the ears can be tipped and braced or glued togther
 
I guess it depends on the ears but I don't think it typically works like that. I think the ears need to be set consistently to achieve the desired result.

You are quite correct. It can't be an in and out thing. I just have to decide how strongly I feel about it. I'll give myself about one more week to decide. He us 17 weeks now, so if they are going to fly I should see it soon.

Amazingly, 24 hours after removing the glu and his ears are still tipped and set high on head

But again, I have no illusions here.....
 
Where does everyone get their glue? I went to Walmart today with "Speed Sew", "Tear Mender" & "Jiffy Sew" on my list, as I think those were what I read mentioned the most. Of course, the store had none of those...:mad:

I then found myself looking at eyelash glue since that was also mentioned, but I remember reading that it doesn't last as long. If I'm going to put Baker through this I want it to stay as long as possible.
 
Tear mender you can get at Ace Hardware stores. Someone said they found it aat Micheals but I have never found it.

Unisolve medical supply stores or order from wickets by mel. You can get the glue there as well.
 
Tear mender you can get at Ace Hardware stores. Someone said they found it aat Micheals but I have never found it.

Unisolve medical supply stores or order from wickets by mel. You can get the glue there as well.

Thank you - we have an Ace nearby, and also not too far from a medical supply store. More shopping tomorrow...
 
Back
Top