Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Heartbroken

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Sheltieluv, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Crystal1

Crystal1 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    Lacey Kay is a beautiful name for a beautiful dog. My heart goes out to you. Prayers for you and Lacey Kay. It does get easier, and you will be together again someday. I'll hold you both in my prayers.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Sending thoughts and hugs your way....

3. Katherine

Katherine Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Charleston SC
    We share your sadness at losing such a wonderful friend and a "chapter" in your life. All the best to both you and Nemo.

4. TaraLynn

TaraLynn Forums Enthusiast

Oct 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    :cry:
    *sigh* These stories always leave me with a few tears...

I'm sorry for your loss *hugs*
    I'm sure Nemo will know just what to do for Mommy.
    Lacey Kay woudln't have forgotten to teach him to comfort his Mommy.

RIP Lacey Kay...you lived a good and long life and you will be missed by many!

^j^ (an angel for you!)

5. elaine2004

elaine2004 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    My heartfelt sympathies for the loss of You Lacey!

Please never feel you have to appoligise for how your dog looks or that you are sad. All our furkids are Precious to each and everyone of us. This is a great group and we have all been in your situation. We know how you are feeling. Our Shelties are taken to the rainbow bridge much too soon, regardless of their age. Just know that she is at peace now and find comfort in her memories which can never be taken away. Know that a part of Lacey remains behind with Nemo, because of her mothering skills. Enjoy hugs with Nemo when times are difficult and there will unfortunately be many of them. It took me at least a year to get over the loss of my Jewel. My loving Tasha who has since joined Jewel at the Bridge helped me out by always knowing when a cuddle was needed. I now have Kiara who Tasha helped raise for approx. 7 months.
    RIP Lacey.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  6. sylvia

sylvia Forums Enthusiast

We are all so sorry for you loss.
    She sounded like a great dog,
    Sylvia & our 4 shelties:sadsmile:

7. mcguiregirl2248

mcguiregirl2248 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2008
    Britton, MI
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I certainly can share in your grief as it seems that we have been loosing way too many of our beloved shelties lately. Please know that Lacey knows in her heart that she was loved very much in life as well as after in your memories of her. She sounds like a wonderful girl and she has many sheltie companions waiting with her, keeping her busy, while they all wait for us at the bridge. :sadsmile:

8. erynjoyce

erynjoyce Forums Regular

Feb 1, 2009
    Ashland, Oregon
    Condolences and prayers

Dear Heartbroken,
    I am so sorry your long time love and companion, Lacey Kay, has passed away. I will keep you in my prayers.

Eryn and Cayman (fighting nasal cancer since 9-08)

I really am not one to share my sadness and heartbreak. But last Saturday I put down my sweet, big girl, Lacey Kay. She wasn't the best looking Sheltie, by the breed standard-one ear up and one folded. "She has the biggest feet I have ever seen on a Sheltie" exclaimed the vet. But smart, loving and loyal was what made her exceptional. I got her as a pup 15 years ago. She lived a good long life and had many adventures in our backyard. Within the last two years I have lost both my Mom and Dad. Lacey was there to nuzzle me ever so gently when tears flowed. She always knew when I was sick and insisted on playing Nurse Lacey by getting in bed to lay as close as possible forgoing food until I was better. The neighborhood kids loved her and would ring the doorbell to see if she could come out and play.

In November I brought home a Sheltie pup for Lacey to "raise". Nemo is now 5 months, and in charge. Lacey taught him well. He's not a barker, is housebroken, sleeps through the night (8-9hours) outside his crate next to our bed and can be left alone in the house without being crated. I think that's pretty amazing for a little guy.

Rest well Big Girl...[/QUOTE]

9. terdonal

terdonal Forums Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    I am sorry to hear about your Baby. I won't say I know how you feel because I don't. I know I am in a mess after losing my Trinkie Feb. 3rd and miss her more than I can imagine.

My thoughts are with you.

10. Crystal1

Crystal1 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'm so sorry about Lacey Kay. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I'm not very good at this. You and Nemo and Lacey Kay are in my prayers. ((Hugs))