Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hello, tiny Sheltie owner from England

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Darren, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    welcome:smile2:
    thanks for the pix-we love pix:yes:

ghggp and Darren like this.
  2. Darren

Darren Forums Regular

Nov 1, 2019
    Oh wow thank you all so much for the welcomes!
    I'm still getting used to Montys little size but it's funny as that is not the first time someone has said he looks like a little fox haha. He was a bit of a mess when I got him as he was covered in fleas and his hair was mattered but I think I've got him looking how he should be now. We've got a little way to go as he is very timid outside but it seems to be a new world to him so we'll get there. He also has a thing when-ever you raise your leg off the floor he has a panic attack, shakes and is sick. I'm thinking that will be from abuse at some point so I'm hoping once he learns he will NEVER be hurt again then that will go.

Thank you all again for making us feel so welcome!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49033325467/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49032589758/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/49033325317/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 7:13 AM
  3. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Your wee lad, Monty, is absolutely adorable. Thankfully he now will finally get to know what it is to be loved and cared for and with your support he will blossom into the great doggie he was born to be. And although no other dog can replace your beloved Harley, Monty will find and claim his own special place in your heart.

Trini

4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    May the scum that abused him rot in @#[email protected]#. Spoil him rotten you will soon have him zooming around I bet. He has to be feeling better already from being cleaned up and probably eating better. Spitfire gets the Little Lassie and 'her' comments since he is a little guy (bigger than Monte though) Of course Sca got called a Border Collie a bunch so LOL Give Monte a pet from us.

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    As they say... there is a special place in Hell for those that abuse!

Monty has now landed in HEAVEN... and will soon understand that LOVE and AFFECTION know no bounds in your home!
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM
    Darren, Hanne, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Shelties are so sensitive that one bad experience can stay with them for a long, long time. It does sound like he might have been abused/kicked. Poor little dude. He's hit the jackpot in your home and with patience you will see him blossom. The photos are immensely cute. What a sweetie.

Darren and ghggp like this.
  7. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    welcome to you and to incredibly adorable little Monty
    from Big Minnie and I - from Denmark

Sharon7, Darren and ghggp like this.
  8. Darren

Darren Forums Regular

Nov 1, 2019
    Thank you so much for the extra welcomes everyone!
    lol so many people used to mention little Lassie to me as well when I had my previous Sheltie. All the children keep calling Monty Swiper the fox from Dora the explorer haha.
    I'm hoping Monteys fear is not from being kicked but I can't really see it being from anything. Like Sharon said I'm going to give him lots of time and comfort and hopefully it will go away.

Have a great weekend everyone!

9. DianeP

DianeP Forums Regular

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    Monty is so cute! He reminds me a little of a papillon. Congratulations to both of you and welcome.:) Our Mindy is also tiny...13 pounds and a year old.

Darren likes this.
  10. Darren

Darren Forums Regular

Nov 1, 2019
    I've just looked and he does look a little like a papillon haha. I think its all the White he has. I've not really seen that on the Shelties I've looked at.
    Ahh it's good to hear Monty is not the only tiny one lol

Sharon7 likes this.