How far (in distance) did you go to get your dog?

Tinsel came by sheltie rescue transport so no travelling for me but 8 hours for him.

Westies and Belgians have come from all over the place so 3000 miles plus would be the longest trip, obviously by air.
 
When Leo makes it here tomorrow (GASP, can't wait :fl:gaah)
As the crow flies, he'll have gone across 2336 kilometers or 1452 miles... via car and airplane
 
When Leo makes it here tomorrow (GASP, can't wait :fl:gaah)
As the crow flies, he'll have gone across 2336 kilometers or 1452 miles... via car and airplane

Rachel will have driving him 6 hours to get him to the plane in Winnepeg and then the plane ride to Irene.
 
For Perry it was a 80 miles trip one way and for Galway the Sharpei only 40 miles one way. It drives me mad when people say "I would love to get a puppy from this breeder but he lives 100 miles away and it's too far and the gas is too expensive..." :gaah I always remember you guys and your trips for your puppies and find this argument ridiculous :wink2:
 
For Perry it was a 80 miles trip one way and for Galway the Sharpei only 40 miles one way. It drives me mad when people say "I would love to get a puppy from this breeder but he lives 100 miles away and it's too far and the gas is too expensive..." :gaah I always remember you guys and your trips for your puppies and find this argument ridiculous :wink2:

If the gas is too expensive, wait until they get their first vet bill! :lol:
 
If I really saved up and it was perfect conditions (had a house with a yard, lots of savings), and I wanted a puppy from an amazing breeder that was more than an 8 hour car trip, I would probably fly one way to get the puppy, and then fly back with the puppy in the cabin... if that's even possible. It would have to be like, my dream puppy. But remember, I can't get very far out of Texas going North or West in 8 hours! Even going East I think I could only get to Alabama in 8 hours...
 
We drove half an hour to get Dickens from a breeder who doesn't specialize in Shelties. That didn't bother us, since we were looking for a pet, and Dickens has been one fantastic pup; it's obvious that the breeder did a very good job with his early care. He did fairly well on the ride home, but when we stopped off at a pet store to get a crate he promptly threw up on their floor!
 
My pack

Hello!

The distance was not importent to us.

My Husky Gally about 6h driving one way
My Collie Nick about 40 minutes
My Sheltie about 1h driving
My next Collie about 5h driving one way

All 1. visit : meet the breeder get a impression
2-3 vist: getting contact to our puppy
4. visit: get the puppy home

Greetings!

Margit S.
 
Back
Top