How NOT to glue ears.

Oh oh! Can I play too?

Here's Koji's ears. I had people asking me what was wrong with his ears. Then when I'd explain the glue bit, I'd get these looks of horror.

Koji's ears are down

I kept them glued until he was 1. And what happened. They still popped up. One tends to tip, just a bit. When he's tired, that one tips the way it should. The other ear, forget it. So frustrating. It didn't help that Miko would bite his ears when they played. Glue plus dog saliva equals ears not staying down. Sigh.

Here's Miko's poor ears. This was before they taught me to use the tape, then glue the tape. I was gluing hair to hair and it was a MESS!!! Hmmm...I can't find the photo. This is after I gave up. In the original photo (pre-dig cams), his ears on the inside were all red. Poor guy.

Miko's big bat ears


Maybe with the next Sheltie I'll get it right. I love how they look with their ears down.
 
Oh oh! Can I play too?

Here's Koji's ears. I had people asking me what was wrong with his ears. Then when I'd explain the glue bit, I'd get these looks of horror.

Koji's ears are down

I kept them glued until he was 1. And what happened. They still popped up. One tends to tip, just a bit. When he's tired, that one tips the way it should. The other ear, forget it. So frustrating. It didn't help that Miko would bite his ears when they played. Glue plus dog saliva equals ears not staying down. Sigh.

Here's Miko's poor ears. This was before they taught me to use the tape, then glue the tape. I was gluing hair to hair and it was a MESS!!! Hmmm...I can't find the photo. This is after I gave up. In the original photo (pre-dig cams), his ears on the inside were all red. Poor guy.

Miko's big bat ears


Maybe with the next Sheltie I'll get it right. I love how they look with their ears down.

Too Funny!

When I was gluing Bacca's ears, I kept getting asked the same question...."Uuumm! What's wrong with his ears?" "Oh you mean the mound of glue that I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of? Nevermind!"

Love Miko's telescopic ears! Make's me me want to listen to David Bowie's Space Oddity" - Ground Control to Major Miko! :biggrin2:
 
Too Funny!

When I was gluing Bacca's ears, I kept getting asked the same question...."Uuumm! What's wrong with his ears?" "Oh you mean the mound of glue that I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of? Nevermind!"

Love Miko's telescopic ears! Make's me me want to listen to David Bowie's Space Oddity" - Ground Control to Major Miko! :biggrin2:

People would ask....."WHY would you DO that to him? What's WRONG with his ears?" LOL Oh well. At least I'm not docking/cropping them. That's my thought.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad Miko grew into both his nose AND his ears. I used to clip his hair around his ears, but realized, it just accentuated the size. So, I let the hair grow, and now he looks normal. :wink2:
 
I have been reading this thread as Zaks ears are no longer braced but still has some moleskin in his ears but it is beginning to curl on the bottom and I left my cement at his breeders. She said the next time they come undone that he will be ready to just glue his ears and skip the moleskin.
How can you ever tell if they will tip naturally?
 
I've decided that if people ask about puppy ears, I'm just going to say, "The vet had to put braces on them 'cause they were crooked. Thank heavens it wasn't his teeth!" :lol:
 
Back
Top