trini
Forums Sage
Hoping the good news continues!so I checked all around the dog yard- didn't see anything that he could have gotten into......
no new seizures since he got a full day of medication- hoping that he continues to improve![]()
Trini
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hoping the good news continues!so I checked all around the dog yard- didn't see anything that he could have gotten into......
no new seizures since he got a full day of medication- hoping that he continues to improve![]()
When Blueberry had her twitch I spoke to a lady that did holistic medicine. She explained to me how CBD oil helps to reduce swelling but as I recall we also put her on an Adored beast pre and probiotic and a liver detox for two weeks. The CBD oil she was on for months but she’s had no twitching since maybe 5 months old. This is the CBD oil we used.My heart just goes out to you... How scary it is for both of you. Jocu looks totally out of it... Like, what just happened. I wish there was some medication you could use to lessen the severity.
I know in humans it has a profound positive impact on humans and can shorten the length and severity of seizures.
CBD Oil Help Dog
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/cbd-oil-for-dog-seizures/


Interesting you mention that...when Blueberry saw the holistic vet (for her twitch) she informed me that while flea and tick medicine do have an inherent risk of seizures, a dog that already has an underlying issue with seizures should never take tick medication because it raises the risk of seizures even higher.Could it have possibly been his flea and tick medication?
no- I don't give that continuously- even though it's warm here most of the year...Could it have possibly been his flea and tick medication?
all those meds- heartworm, flea, tick have that warning to not give to dogs with seizures.Interesting you mention that...when Blueberry saw the holistic vet (for her twitch) she informed me that while flea and tick medicine do have an inherent risk of seizures, a dog that already has an underlying issue with seizures should never take tick medication because it raises the risk of seizures even higher.
Yes, I’d never give a drug that’s in them for 3 months either for that same reason.all those meds- heartworm, flea, tick have that warning to not give to dogs with seizures.
somebody at the agility trial this weekend mentioned Bravecto and I told them I'd never use it- once it's in there, it's there for 3 months and if your dog has an issue with it.......................

Denise, an added note: the neurologist who cared for my Mickey said that any dog with seizures that weren't a one time thing from something dangerous they had ingested should not be given vaccines. Hopefully Jocu's seizures were a one shot deal, but if they repeat I would ask your vet about whether or not he should continue to get vaccines. Mickey was given a note from the neurologist that excused him from even the rabies shot...which typically is required by law.all those meds- heartworm, flea, tick have that warning to not give to dogs with seizures.
somebody at the agility trial this weekend mentioned Bravecto and I told them I'd never use it- once it's in there, it's there for 3 months and if your dog has an issue with it.......................
thanks- seems like you had your own doggy scareI'm just catching up with this. Denice, please know I'm sending all my best to Jocu that this is just a one-off.![]()
