Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Justus and Flyer 2019

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Awesome job you two! Flyer has such focus 2good, you've done a great job training him!
    Loved the video!
    Your Open is a bit different than ours here in Canada...no command discrimination. We can do position changes and a 3 minute in sight stay in place of the out of sight stays or we can do the out of sight stays...the choice is ours but no command discrimination. More challenging your way for sure!

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yeah- that's one of the changes they made last year......
    and why we need lots of training before we can think of entering open...............

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    ugh. Saturday did not go well. It was late afternoon before the 10 Open A entries got started. It was a one ring trial and about 2:30 when I was all warmed up and ready. Then right before my turn we had to wait for HIT Preferred and High Combined preferred, and High Combined Regular ribbon presentations. It wouldn't have been so bad, if they hadn't had to search high and low for the HC winner, who then had to go get her dog, etc... grrr,, but don't mind me, I'm just in a mood...

Monkey boy did okay considering it was a new building for both of us, he wasn't too swivel headed but I did make him miss a halt on the heeling. :( That made him mad and he nipped at my knee... we lost 6 pts. on heeling.

Then we quickly NQ on command discrimination with the "stand your dog" and he continues to sit... hello Flyer, yes, that was me talking to you! Stand your silly @@@! Of course he did, but our hopes of a title disappeared. He tried to auto finish on the retrieves so I stopped him and received many points off. The front on the broad jump was a little off, but he did it.

10 were entered, 2 dogs survived Open A. :(

We will try again, entering two trials in March, maybe more - if needed. :D

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Look at Tulsa coming up on the calendar! I'm bummed that I couldn't go. :( Justus in Masters would have been a hoot! Flyer, well ... we are going to try to qualify for Excellent in the 2020 trial. :)

Have a couple weekends till we try that Open A thing again...

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yep- it's really coming fast. would have driven to Tulsa for 4 runs but not for only 2...
    next year after we get our RACH........................................