Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Liver disease

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Piper's mom, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    :) So happy for you both!
    It is so great when our pups are happy. And even better when it is a simple fix.

Sharon7, ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I sure wasn't thinking it would be this simple! Heck this past week I was thinking the worst and even if not cancer I was thinking that it was making him comfortable...even the vet was.

Definitely a happy moment for me!

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Wow, who'd have thought it was his back. So glad you got answers.

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    What a wonderful Christmas present, Lisa! It's so good to have answers and a plan. Go Riley!

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I am just thrilled to read this!!

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I am finding that I have to try to keep him quiet and settled or he's feeling it a bit by evening (and with a 36 pound happy Sheltie it's a hard thing to do!).
    Today I'm making him walk up the steps (as much as I like him feeling better he has to take it slow) and trying to keep him in one room.
    He's definitely more of his barky self and always looking for me...and for food lol.

Ann and ghggp like this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Sounds good! I know how I LOVE it when Gavin reacts like his puppy self when he gets his evening belly rubs :)

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So very pleased Riley is back to his old self! When we see those little things they used to do it makes us realize they are feeling better! We are all breathing a huge sigh of relief for you both! Keep up the good forward progress Riley!

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    It's been a long and frustrating road, but so glad you are getting answers and the meds are helping - I'm just stoked to read this! After Brooke had her weird episode over a month ago I know I was THRILLED when she was back to barking and telling off the vacuum cleaner. It really is the little things that make our pups who they are, and the small quirks and characteristics that mean they are happy, which means we are happy!!! Yay!

Ann likes this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Your so right Sharon! To see Riley lay on his dog bed (bought him a nice new comfy one) with a big smile on his face definitely puts a smile on mine! And all the little things that I see like eating food off the floor, walking with his tail up, running and barking at Finnie...
    A week ago I was thinking the worst, now every improvement fills me with joy!
    I should get the green lipped mussel and the glucosamine/chondroitin by Friday...he'll be back to his old self in no time!

Hanne and Sharon7 like this.