Monty is coughing/choking almost none stop

Thank you for the suggestions Caro, Chris! I apreciate it :)




Thanks for checking in Lisa, it has been Monty overload for you all lately so I was going to give you at least a day off lol.
His coughing is worse at night which gets me nervous but I'm assured he's doing ok and well on the road to recovery. His treatment has gone well and tomorrow will hopefully be his last full day in hospital so it'll be homecare and twice a week checkups. It looks like he has a ways to go but he is moving a little and is back to carry Broccoli outside for pee's which always brings a smile :lol:

You should know by now Darren if I/we don't get a daily update we'll only worry!
Thanks for the update and it's good to hear he's making it outside on his own and bringing Mr B with him! That Monty is such a character :lol:!
Makes sense that his coughing would be worse at night, I know when I have a bad chest cold nights are the hardest.
Here's to Monty's continued improvement, pretty soon he'll be tossing Mr B in the soup again and hiding in the closet lol!
 
Wonderful update, thanks. I was a bit concerned about no word myself. Sounds like he's solidly on the path to recovery now. He's really been through it so it only stands to reason he will be weak for a while. The visual of him carrying Mr. B out for a pee is just so endearing. He is a tough little guy, Darren. I'm so glad he's on the mend. Take care of yourself now too.
 
No days off, please, Darren. I got worried he'd had a setback and envisioned him being rushed to hospital again!
I can't look at Mr. Broccoli without thinking about Monty and I see Mr. Broccoli every time I walk past the living room. So approximately a zillion times a day ;)
So until he's back to normal, I for one, request, if possible, a daily update!
 
I will also toss my 2 cents in!
Please at least once a day to give us an all clear that no setbacks have occurred!

So glad he can go out on his own to pee! With Mr Broccoli in tow of course! Made me smile also thinking of it!

I bet you, Abigail and Lexi want him home for good! No more hospital stays! Take care!

Give that Monty a pat!
 
Last edited:
Ok I'll not leave you to worry, bad Darren lol.
I've been given something to squirt into his mouth to help his throat so I'm hoping he's not in too much discomfort. I just feel like we've had a massive set back in his confidence again, he's like how he was last August. Any quick movements and he cowers/ducks, he panics if there's any noise or person near the house. I'm kind of hoping he just feels vulnerable due to how weak he is and it will all go away again when he's better. One step at a time.

Anyways he's dropped off at the hospital for hopefully his last full day pending his scan results at the end of the day. :fl
 
Darren, hospitals are scary places for a little dog...they are not only having a lot of stuff done to them but they hear other animals crying in pain or fear and they can't understand why they are there and not home. Monty doesn't know that soon he will get to stay home 24/7 and be back to the security and the family he has grown to love and count on. Having both owned and fostered many rescues I know they can carry life long emotional triggers when things suddenly change. Once Monty is home full time and not having to return to the hospital during they day, he will regain the confidence and happiness that he had found with you...it may take a bit of time but it will come.
Trini
 
Back
Top