My dear Laddie...

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support and concern!

UPDATE:
Laddie seems to be doing a bit better since he has been on the pain medication. Somedays he looks depressed and other days he seems to be quite normal. He is eating well and that makes me feel good to know he is keeping his strength up.

Chance, on the other hand, has been a struggle. I actually had him scheduled for euthanasia four weeks ago as he stopped eating and was getting weaker by the day. I took him in his stroller for an hour walk the night before his euthanasia appointment. I slept with him sobbing all night. I was trying so hard to keep him going, I was feeding him boiled chicken and rice and he would no longer eat it. I was making it fresh each day hoping he would try to eat just a little bit.
He could no longer stand without help and even if he did manage to stand he fell over after only a few steps. The Monday morning that the doctor was scheduled to come I was feeding everyone and I was SHOCKED as Chance ate his breakfast! I was in the bathroom and told myself if he tries to find me after eating I would cancel the doctor visit. Then it happened! He came to the door looking for me! I emailed the doctor and she was actually sick and told me she would be unable to come. God had a different plan for us.
I asked my primary vet if she would prescribe an appetite enhancer for him. She did and he is now eating Perscription Royal Canine Gastro Intestinal wet food. He loves it and will eat it 4 times a day. He was down to 28lbs and gained a 1/2 last week. I can not believe he is strong enough to stand and walk short distances now. I know I am just buying time but I will do what I can to keep him going.
Logan has an ongoing cough I have been dealing with for three weeks now. He has been to the vet for rays and his lungs look better after the antibiotics. We tried two different ones and still can not kick it. He is on steroids now. Will go in again this week for another evaluation. I feel like a pharmacy here.

Took Laddie and Chance for a St Francis blessing at a local church. Made me feel so much better. The priest doing the blessing brought his own sheltie!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5634.JPG
    IMG_5634.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5628.JPG
    IMG_5628.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 19
It sounds like a really emotional time. I'm so glad that laddie is a bit better, and that Logan's lungs are looking better. Great news that Chance has regained his appetite. It's wonderful that you have been given more time with your boy. Continued prayers for you all... they are all very blessed to be in your care :hugs.
 
Glad to hear that Laddie and Logan are doing better, and even gladder to hear that Mr. Chance is hanging in there. Keep the faith!!
 
Back
Top