Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ordered my hair shirt and metal scourge

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Margi, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Wow Margi! That’s scary! Is there a wildlife problem number you could call?
    I agree with Ann...have a coyote spray handy...and maybe a paint ball gun, I hear that can hurt!

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I bet you weren’t too happy ...I know I wouldn’t be!
    Years ago my brother had a pellet gun, shot it at my sister and hit her in the cheek. They were lucky it didn’t get her eye!

Sandy in CT likes this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Thanks Trini, I just feel like I let him down. He's probably been out of whack since the shoulder injury two years ago. I just followed the standard protocol from the vet and did the anti-inflammatories and rest. I should have gone sooner.

I feel lucky about that too. Someone on the forum said go to a CERTIFIED animal chiro. So I looked them up and there are only 4 in Tucson, two are vets who mostly do equine and are not taking any dogs at this time. This doc is very conscientious about the treatment, took almost an hour with him. She's a Rottie gal. And at 85.00 first adjustment and 50 on the follow ups I don't feel like I'm getting gipped either....

My next door neighbor has bear spray, he told me this morning. I'm gonna try that just as soon as he gets out of the hospital. His dog, Rush, is the one that got bit in the face through the fence. My new solar light doesn't slow this coyote down--but it works, as I watched him running the fence trying to bite Rush again at 4 am.

Oh my word that sounds painful!
    I will check that out--thanks for the link.

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Game and Fish in AZ side with the animals not the people. Unless you get hurt, they aint doin squat.

Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    One thing I forgot to mention in this whole debacle was that I think Benson missed his calling. For days after the injury incident, Benson kept following Fil around and putting his nose right on the injured hip. I thought at the time it was a dominance thing, and kept telling him to leave Fil alone. But now I think he knew right where Fil got hurt. He probably should be one of those disease sniffing dogs!

KarenCurtis, Ann, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    What a GOOD boy, Benny! See, mom, being an extra sensitive soul is handy sometimes!! :winkgrin:

Margi and Sandy in CT like this.
  7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Don't beat yourself up to bad Sca was racing with almost that much out (and all his toes) Only reason I knew was his time dropped. You could feel him and he did not care and let you. When he came home she warned me he was going to pass out. Yep he was chill jello Sca all night. Next day he was tossing himself around like usual :(

Sharon7 likes this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Use wolf urine to repel coyotes the natural way. When a coyote smells the scent of wolf urine, it knows danger is nearby.

9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Doc said to expect soreness and sleeping for a while. He def didn't wanna go on walk next day. BUT after 24 hours the keeping him quiet got a lot harder...Benson was NO help of course. I forgot one knee was screwed up too. How do they get so jacked up??

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca launched himself on a regular basis. When he was a puppy he would go running into the kitchen throw it into a slide and bank off the wall to stop at his food bowl. I moved his bowl as he did this more and more and faster pace. That was one many ways for Sca, he had no regard for launching himself.