Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please welcome little Laddie to our SN family.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by trini, Dec 12, 2020.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Thanks so much Darren...yes...we needed some happy news here after so many heartbreaking losses. I am sure Laddie will fill our life with laughs when he is being a silly pup and sighs when he is being a naughty pup. I don't plan to let him read any of your posts about Monty's antics ;) to make sure he doesn't get any ideas...I am sure Laddie will come up with plenty of naughty ideas all on his own.

Trini

Hanne, Ann, Darren and 3 others like this.
  2. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Laddie has a cute but mischievous little face. I sense you'll not need to show him Montys antics, he's going to come up with a whole set of his own :ROFLMAO:

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and trini like this.
  3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    LOL Unfortunately I think you are right! Trini

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Trini! Yay!!!! I’m so excited for this wonderful news.

Piper's mom, trini and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    How is little Laddie doing, Trini?

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Sharon,

Laddie has been keeping us on our toes. Two weeks after we got him he suddenly became really lame on his left front leg and also suddenly seemed way too lethargic for a puppy...he went from acting like a total normal pup to a really sick and lame pup in less than 24 hours! I rushed him in for an emergency appointment. His fever was 104.5, white cell count was up and he was so lethargic that he was pretty unresponsive as he was having blood drawn etc. He tested positive for Lyme and is undergoing 28 days on doxy. Turn around took only 2 days before he was back to being a normal playful puppy.

Housebreaking is still a work in progress, but now we can put the emphasis on "progress" instead of "work". He is a sweet boy, sometimes a bit too rambunctious for the rest of the crew and then they get to have some Laddie-free time...but all in all he is fitting in just fine. He has learned to happily
    accept walking on lead which initially was a real fight because he had never had a collar on or been on lead before he came to us. We still have lots of work to do on basic commands...he has sit down pat but not much else at this point...the rest will come with time and right now I felt helping him make the transition to his new home was more important especially since he came with basically no socialization to anything new due to the shut down from the pandemic.

His idea of playing fetch is to race after the ball, jump over it and do multiple zoomies before coming back to me...no ball. LOL I don't think he is headed for any frisbee or ball competitions!

Trini

Piper's mom, Ann, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    “His idea of playing fetch is to race after the ball, jump over it and do multiple zoomies before coming back to me...no ball. LOL I don't think he is headed for any frisbee or ball competitions! “

:yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck
    Ok, we need a video of that!

So glad he is back to normal!

8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Better than Angus he pounces on the ball then takes it to his hiding place as it is now HIS.

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OMG Lyme disease! Glad it was quickly caught. Poor little guy must have felt pretty punk. Love hearing his idea of playing ball. Meadow is a mad fetcher to Eli's chagrin, as that was his game. Faith just barks at all of it. Thanks for the update on your little guy, he's so lucky to be in your home and I hope you are loving having a Sheltie again.

Piper's mom, ghggp and Ann like this.
  10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Try shortening the fetch distance. Also a touch gets a treat. Then a pickup gets a treat etc.