Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Prayers for Logan please...

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by ghggp, May 16, 2018.

1. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    My goodness, that face is too much! He is beyond cute.

ghggp likes this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    they are all cute:yes:

ghggp likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    He is a pistol too... what a personality! He was barking, or should I say, yelling at me this morning to hurry up and put his food down. He was so impatient with me!
    Yep, that's my Logan! It is always about him!!!

Jams and Cara Sandler like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Love to Logan and his crew!!

ghggp likes this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I love when Gavin acts spunky! It's not as much as when he was a pup , but he still acts playful every once in a while. Last night he was popping his head out of the stroller 'sun roof' on the way home :)

ghggp likes this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Ha, ha... I got the image in my mind of a 'Sheltie in a box' like the old time 'Jack in the box'!

7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    By the time I got my phone out, he stopped. But it was adorable!

ghggp likes this.
  8. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Prayers for Logan. Hopefully there can be a success update come. He certainly is a gorgeous boy.

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    B66B83A7-699E-4F33-ABCB-F58619143939.jpeg Logan update:

I thought we were doing so well. Logan has been eating his new food with gusto! However, his stool was so soft and I called the doctor about it. He has been on an antibiotic since he was in the hospital and when he came home. The vet said to try yogurt which I had already tried and did not help at all. Then he said to try a probiotic which I had on hand. I broke it up and put it in his food as it was a chewable tablet.

He started to eat his food and then walked away! So I put the probiotic in his pill pocket and he ate it. He has had three meals since that incident with no problems.

Yesterday I decided to give everyone a pawicure and brush out! I did Logan last. When I had him on his side I was surprised to see how big his belly was. It seemed bloated like it was filled with fluid. Now, I will be very honest as I am a worry wart by nature! Logan has been diagnosed with a heart murmur and I am wondering if he is going into congestive heart failure! I will ask my vet if he feels that Logan might need the fluid drained... or that I am just imagining all this!

I will call the vet on Tuesday. He did eat two kidney treats and I am going to go to the pet store today to see if I can find Tripe. They can have that without ill effects with kidney issues.

He seems to be resting comfortably on the cool tile floor in the bathroom now.

I am really upset that he will not eat this food he seemed to like so much initially! I bought two cases of it! Now he won’t touch it!!

I was so pleased at his progress and thought we had turned a corner... sad!

10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    DB379263-0719-4E23-946B-4261DFEE76E9.jpeg
    Well Beau is so sweet and concerned about Logan!

I made a hard boiled egg and he ate it! I tried to give him a bit of his old food that he refused to eat when this whole thing started...

He ate it!!! I have no idea what is going on in his head!

Last edited: May 27, 2018