Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Prayers for Logan please...

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by ghggp, May 16, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Hooray!! Logan is home and all's right with the world!!!

ghggp likes this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    So incredibly sweet too that Beau is concerned about his pal, especially since Beau hasn't been with you that long. Shelties are just the greatest. :love:

Chris and ghggp like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    UPDATE:

Ok, so Logan went back to the vet yesterday and we did another blood panel. His numbers were more elevated than the prior ones. So, he wants him back on antibiotics. After we complete them we go back for another blood test. We talked a bit about his enlarged liver and what might be causing it.

He suggested an ultrasound. Don't want to put him through that now. Would not consider a liver biopsy or surgery at his advanced age of 13. He seems stable and comfortable for now. I'll take that.

He is loving his new food and I am feeding him 4 small meals a day to not tax his system...

4. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Oh, i was so hopeful I was going to hear that he was continuing to improve :-( Hopefully this is just a minor setback and he will rebound. Please keep us posted!

5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

:( Are you starting him on fluids? I hope you get Logan stabilized and in a happy place....

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    The doctor does not want to start fluids yet.
    The increase was minimal in his opinion.
    But, he felt more fluids could potentially diminish the effectiveness of the antibiotics.

Cara Sandler likes this.
  7. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Not surprising. Cody's numbers would move around on almost every test. As long you do not see a huge drop, and he is still eating, Logan is in good shape. Don't want to put him under unless absolutely necessary. Anesthesia really stresses the kidneys.

ghggp likes this.
  8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    When Tully had ultrasounds on her gallbladder and also a full abdominal they didn't aneasthetise her, just shaved the belly and she lay like a good girl.

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    How's Logan doing today, Gloria? You take such good care of him, and you know that he understands and is grateful.

ghggp likes this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg The boys are back together! Logan is better today. I am almost thinking it has something to do with him being back on his antibiotics. Woke me up at 5:30 yesterday and today needing to go out!
    Just the fact that he is not having accidents in the house is a blessing.
    So far so good..,

mimiretz, Hanne, Cara Sandler and 3 others like this.