Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Puppy help

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Rachell2492, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    I also make my own peanut butter it’s easy. The Kong only gets a wee (tip of a teaspoon) bit of peanut butter over the hole and the frozen kibble.

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Thanks Windy for your nice words, they really warms :hugs

I think, over time it is you - my SN-friends - who have learned my weird English :ROFLMAO:

4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Just a couple of additions to the good info you have already gotten. Make sure that any toy you leave with her does NOT have a squeaker or stuffing in it...if she is a chewer and manages to pull the squeaker or stuffing out they can be a dangerous choke issue or if pieces of the squeaker or stuffing are actually ingested you can be faced with a serious blockage. Also when you are getting ready to leave and when you first come home...ignore her. I know that sounds harsh but if you are trying to comfort her before you leave it is a signal to her that your leaving is something she really needs to be concerned about. And when you come back in...again don't make a big deal about it. For a doggie showing signs of separation anxiety the message needs to be that leaving and coming back are totally ordinary and nothing that needs extra attention or comfort. Once she has learned not to get upset, then you can have those instant happy "I'm back" greetings with lots of hugs and attention...a special time that we all treasure sharing with our little ones.

Congratulations on your new little gal...she is so very lucky to have a Mom who is addressing any potential issues immediately before they become entrenched.

Trini

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Rachell2492, RikyR, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My goodness, your English is WAY better than my Danish or German! My relatives are from Germany and I can understand some of it if spoken to me.
    However, in NO WAY do I know a second language! BRAVO for how well you speak English!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    KarenCurtis, RikyR, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria thank you so much :yes:
    Excuse for your Danish - Danish is one of the most difficult languages to learn :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KarenCurtis, Darren, RikyR and 2 others like this.
  7. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Hanne your English is better than a lot of English people ;)
    Seriously though you don't ever have to apologise for your English, firstly we understand you perfectly, secondly you can speak/write a second language fluently. That's something a lot of people can't do Including myself. Be super proud of yourself, your English is amazing ❤

Sharon7, KarenCurtis, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  8. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Thank you Darran - you are all so kind and give me courage :hugs

I wish many years ago I had learned much more English in school,

When I read about anxious puppies/dogs,
    It hurts my heart, I feel so limited :cry:

It takes me so long to write a post,
    and so hard to explain what I mean

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Totally agree with Gloria and Darren. Your English is good - and anyone who can be funny, as you are, in a second language is doing great! Never doubt that we all understand you and value your input. :yes:

Darren, Wendy C, Hanne and 1 other person like this.
  10. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark