Puppy packages!

Well, D day is December 27th!

This idea is going to be shelved for awhile....I've got enough just trying to figure out how to operate the store, nevermind introducing new things.

But for sure, the difference between being just another pet store and being THE pet store is differentiation and a captured clientele.

Love all the great ideas....I'm filing them away in my "things to think about" file.

(as I found out, we actually do already have a puppy/kitten wishlist program which I think could be expanded into something a little more robust).

But the original idea was to get local breeders endorsing my store with a few samples and discount coupons.....
 
Lucky, Lil' Lady and I wish you great success. Of course along with Indy and Bacca.

I can imagine your mind is going 100 miles a minute, its really such an exciting time for you. Congrats on your store.
 
It's been an exhausting week! A day off tomorrow, but I need to spend it doing paperwork.....

The learning curve is substantial and the current store manager is still there until end of next week, so I don't want to hurt her feelings by stepping in and changing things (though I see a whole bunch of things that need changing).

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
 
I think I'm becoming OCD! All day at the store, come home and paperwork, and then making lists and more lists, and organizing files. I try to read a book, and I find myself reaching for my notebook to add more to my to-do list.

I know it will settle eventually, but it's hard to turn off the brain farts!

p.s. Almost found myself adopting one of my own Humane Society kittens today. He arrived at 1 p.m., and by 1:05, I was already in love. Fortunately for me, he was adopted out immediately and was on his way to his new home by 4 p.m.
 
I think I'm becoming OCD! All day at the store, come home and paperwork, and then making lists and more lists, and organizing files. I try to read a book, and I find myself reaching for my notebook to add more to my to-do list.

I know it will settle eventually, but it's hard to turn off the brain farts!

p.s. Almost found myself adopting one of my own Humane Society kittens today. He arrived at 1 p.m., and by 1:05, I was already in love. Fortunately for me, he was adopted out immediately and was on his way to his new home by 4 p.m.
How is it going? I think of you and hope we could get to your store, but I am so far away.
 
Have the guys visited yet?

The boys have visited, but have not spent a day in the store yet. I don't trust them yet to behave with all the visiting dogs. I had a 12 week old yorkie in today....(p.s. pup peed and pooped twice while in the store!!!) I can only imagine what Indy would do with that pup! I'm looking for room to set up an xpen for them so that I can shut them in when I need to. I have to do some reorg

p.s. pictures coming soon, promise!
 
How is it going? I think of you and hope we could get to your store, but I am so far away.

Every day gets better. My feet and back no longer ache, but there is so much to learn. I can handle dogs stuff, no problem; cats a little because I had two.....but don't ask me about freakin' hamsters, ferrits, rabbits or goldfish food.....! Yikes!
 
Every day gets better. My feet and back no longer ache, but there is so much to learn. I can handle dogs stuff, no problem; cats a little because I had two.....but don't ask me about freakin' hamsters, ferrits, rabbits or goldfish food.....! Yikes!

Tell your customers to google their questions on hamsters, ferrets, etc. :lol:
That will win them over.
Umm, don't ever take my advice
You will have to post pics of your store! It is exciting!
 
Back
Top