Shelties and Canoes

Jan, we have a small farm pond and that is where I started our doggie out so they got used to being in a canoe without too big an expanse of water around them. They loved it and gradually we canoed with them on larger lakes. The Shelties always stayed in the canoe but our Sammie girl, Sunshine, routinely jumped over the edge to swim in the water...thankfully she never tipped us all into the drink because although our Shelties could swim they really didn't like to.
canoe full.JPG
 
Jan, we have a small farm pond and that is where I started our doggie out so they got used to being in a canoe without too big an expanse of water around them. They loved it and gradually we canoed with them on larger lakes. The Shelties always stayed in the canoe but our Sammie girl, Sunshine, routinely jumped over the edge to swim in the water...thankfully she never tipped us all into the drink because although our Shelties could swim they really didn't like to.
View attachment 17918

Love this!!! Here's me worrying about taking little Monty out while you've got your own Sheltie Ark :lol:. That looks a ton of fun Trini :yes:
 
Love this!!! Here's me worrying about taking little Monty out while you've got your own Sheltie Ark :lol:. That looks a ton of fun Trini :yes:
It was fun Darren...they all loved canoe time. That picture is from many years ago and all the doggies shown are in doggie heaven...and our Grandson, who is the young boy in the canoe, is now a 31 year old Dad. The years fly by.

I am sure Monty will be full of antics on your camping trip and I can't wait to see pics and hear Monty camping stories!!! You may be lucky that he is not a big boy so hopefully he won't be able to tip your canoe and dump you all in the drink...but be prepared for a swim!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Trini
 
It was fun Darren...they all loved canoe time. That picture is from many years ago and all the doggies shown are in doggie heaven...and our Grandson, who is the young boy in the canoe, is now a 31 year old Dad. The years fly by.

I am sure Monty will be full of antics on your camping trip and I can't wait to see pics and hear Monty camping stories!!! You may be lucky that he is not a big boy so hopefully he won't be able to tip your canoe and dump you all in the drink...but be prepared for a swim!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Trini

Wow I would never has guessed the photo was so old haha.
I'm actually hoping I don't have too many Monty stories and everything goes smoothly :lol:
 
I'm actually hoping I don't have too many Monty stories and everything goes smoothly :lol:

Just something that popped into my head... last year we had lots of news stories about dogs and algae in water. When camping, do be careful and don't allow Monty near any green or standing water. You might be aware of the issue, if you are, then sorry for the post. Trini's pic made me think of it - her pond had none, so not sure why I thought of it.
 
Just something that popped into my head... last year we had lots of news stories about dogs and algae in water. When camping, do be careful and don't allow Monty near any green or standing water. You might be aware of the issue, if you are, then sorry for the post. Trini's pic made me think of it - her pond had none, so not sure why I thought of it.
Good post Sandy! We get so much of that in the summer! Just this year we’ve gone over a month without rain (finally rained last night) and the algae blooms are horrible. Dogs have died here because of it!
 
Back
Top