Show Groomer!

Trying a third time!

Emailed Kelly with this issue. She thinks she has it fixed. Perhaps third time lucky! crossing paws!
 
I am tired of raking "stuff" out of his fur. :lol: GROSS! She said if his fur was of the right texture she could make him look like a teddy bear (the show cut). I don't think his fur is rough enough for it though. He's very soft, smooth, and conditioned.

She was going to call my vet today to verify Smudge's rabies shot so I wouldn't have to bring my copy. She hasn't emailed me back. I hope they didn't meantion anything about mange and she got scared. :uhoh: His mange is mostly gone, and it's not something other dogs can catch from him anyway. I didn't say anything about his mange, but I did say something about his allergies, because I'm sure she would have noticed the pink spots and wondered what was wrong. :lol:
 
I am tired of raking "stuff" out of his fur. :lol: GROSS! She said if his fur was of the right texture she could make him look like a teddy bear (the show cut). I don't think his fur is rough enough for it though. He's very soft, smooth, and conditioned.

She was going to call my vet today to verify Smudge's rabies shot so I wouldn't have to bring my copy. She hasn't emailed me back. I hope they didn't meantion anything about mange and she got scared. :uhoh: His mange is mostly gone, and it's not something other dogs can catch from him anyway. I didn't say anything about his mange, but I did say something about his allergies, because I'm sure she would have noticed the pink spots and wondered what was wrong. :lol:

Jessica,

What do you mean you are tired of raking stuff out of his fur!? Even with a groomer, you still need to stay on top of this weekly. Not hours of work, but a go-over every week.

You've got me confused here.

Just what are your expectations from this grooming? Smudge is still a baby and still has erratic fur growth. No amount of grooming is going to turn a duckling into a swan. Only maturity does that.

At this point, he just probably needs a bath and a good once over, nails trimmed and paw fur trimmed back.

My tuppence
Barb
 
Jessica,

What do you mean you are tired of raking stuff out of his fur!? Even with a groomer, you still need to stay on top of this weekly. Not hours of work, but a go-over every week.

You've got me confused here.

Just what are your expectations from this grooming? Smudge is still a baby and still has erratic fur growth. No amount of grooming is going to turn a duckling into a swan. Only maturity does that.

At this point, he just probably needs a bath and a good once over, nails trimmed and paw fur trimmed back.

My tuppence
Barb

I was talking about poop Barb. It gets caught in his fur, and I'm wanting the fur trimmed back some so maybe it won't get caught so much.

I don't want his fur cut short, and I certainly don't want him shaved!
 
Helpful video for me though. I was thinking you had to systematically go down in a line. She seemed to move around which would seem easier and eventually my buddy would get brushed everywhere. I do still need some more brushes though I think.
 
Helpful video for me though. I was thinking you had to systematically go down in a line. She seemed to move around which would seem easier and eventually my buddy would get brushed everywhere. I do still need some more brushes though I think.

when I line brush I start with the dog laying at his/her side, first I brush all the fur up from the hock area to the hip. Then I comb it all back down starting at the hock, in thin layers. Then i move to the next section over. I find that helpful to me because I know where I have and haven't brushed.
 
Helpful video for me though. I was thinking you had to systematically go down in a line. She seemed to move around which would seem easier and eventually my buddy would get brushed everywhere. I do still need some more brushes though I think.
Generally, you would move systematically down a line. I find that easier, as I know what I've covered and what I haven't covered.
 
I was talking about poop Barb. It gets caught in his fur, and I'm wanting the fur trimmed back some so maybe it won't get caught so much.

I don't want his fur cut short, and I certainly don't want him shaved!

Ah! I understand now! It's not the pants themselves you need trimmed, but underneath the tail.

What you need is the "poop chute". Do a search for it in the forum - there's been lots of discussion about it.
 
Back
Top